Aftermarket seats

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking for a set of seats for my 04. Ideally I would like them to sit lower then stock and be reclinable. Any ideas?

poorstang

Established Member
I picked up a set of Braum S8 v2's. Those on a set of Planted brackets set about an inch and half lower. They were about a grand out the door for both seats and seat brackets.

Attachments

• IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 708

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I want to do this, I end up sitting in such an uncomfortable angle in my DSG, what was Ford thinking?

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
I have Corbeau RRX seats in my IRS Mach 1. They are OUTSTANDING. Really supportive and very comfortable. However, if your waist is over 36'', I wouldn't recommend them. I'm a 34'' and they fit me pretty tight.

http://corbeau.com/sportline/sportline-rrx.html

Totally agree on the waist size. I tried getting a set with wide top and regular bottoms. Corbeau laughed at me.

I'm fine with the wide now because if I had done normal width I wouldn't be able to carry a firearm on my side.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I wanted to bump this thread for anyone else with aftermarket seats to chime in. I like the stock seats, but switching them out for something lighter for racing events would be nice.

What do others have?

Michael Plackis

Established Member
I got NRG ones from my father as a Christmas gift and I would absolutely recommend that no one gets them. They’re relatively comfortable but even though I bought the ones made for our cars the brackets were not right, the seats are too wide for the car, and the drivers side reclining spring broke so it just slams all the way back so I had to pull it out and weld the seat so it’s now fixed position

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

meliskyc

Established Member
I know you mentioned adjustable backs but just chiming in here for a different opinion. During the Black Friday sale at LMR, I picked up a set of the Corbeau FX1’s with a harness bar, 5 points, and double locking brackets. Again, not recline-able, and also not daily driven, but I find the seats to be comfortable and have a good posture position. Back seat is now completely useless, as if it wasn’t already useless before that. Apologies in advance for the terrible picture. 27 lbs per seat with bracket as opposed to 50-60 lbs per each factory seat. Plus, I found the factory seats slightly uncomfortable anyway.

657CE358-0DD6-48B9-99D0-0DAD93E18011.jpeg

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
I know you mentioned adjustable backs but just chiming in here for a different opinion. During the Black Friday sale at LMR, I picked up a set of the Corbeau FX1’s with a harness bar, 5 points, and double locking brackets. Again, not recline-able, and also not daily driven, but I find the seats to be comfortable and have a good posture position. Back seat is now completely useless, as if it wasn’t already useless before that. Apologies in advance for the terrible picture. 27 lbs per seat with bracket as opposed to 50-60 lbs per each factory seat. Plus, I found the factory seats slightly uncomfortable anyway.

View attachment 1448989

Excellent pick up. The weight savings is a key piece, but the comfort level is the icing on the cake.

I grabbed mine from LMR with either 10 or 15% off. That right there paid for the brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread