Aftermarket rearview mirror for Vert

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Has anyone installed an aftermarket mirror on a convertible? There's power to the mirror already, am hoping an aftermarket mirror with compass/temp/dimming and map lights is available and someone has tried it.

1badton

Established Member
Your only problem will be to hide the wires up the A pillar and across the windshield frame. You might consider removing the windshield and burying the wires that way, drill a hole above the mirror to bring the wires down?

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Not a vert but I added a rear view mirror out of a Saturn Vue to my GT like 10 years ago. It has compass/temp/auto dimming. Had to bring power up to that area as well as installing a little temp sensor, in the grille area, and running the two wires to that. The sensor was out of a 00-05 Impala.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Hiding a cable in the A-Pillar and Windshield trim is easy on a convertible. This is already a powered cable there from factory to power the map lights that are mounted on the mirrors. Mind you - those are the only factory interior lights in the car - so the criteria for another mirror should include having map lights built into it.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
You have a compass and temp on your phone. I say leave the original mirror so someone doesn’t have to undo it later.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Check the Gentex mirrors on eBay. I found one for $9 and it works beautifully. Same mirrors used in factory cars, such as Altimas, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread