Established Member
Black Aeroforce gauges:

20190806_213322_compress4.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Both the black Aeroforce (my personal favorite) and AEMs look good.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I went with the black face innovative and black face aeroforce. The only issue, which is a big one, is that with polarized sun glasses on I can’t see the aeroforce gauge. Something about their clear plastic doesn’t work with polarized glasses. I’m going to call and get their suggestions on how to resolve since not wearing glasses isn’t an option. Just a FYI for you.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
What did you use to do that.

I use a OBD to USB, this particular head unit and the Torque Pro App from the google store and boom...works like a charm. The only gauges I now have is a WB and FP. The only reason I don't remove the fuel pressure is because the harness is neatly taped to a main harness that feeds through my firewall, so it's more work than it's worth.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I use a OBD to USB, this particular head unit and the Torque Pro App from the google store and boom...works like a charm. The only gauges I now have is a WB and FP. The only reason I don't remove the fuel pressure is because the harness is neatly taped to a main harness that feeds through my firewall, so it's more work than it's worth.

Something like this?

Pretty sure my new Kenwood is capable/compatible.

Bamaterminator

Established Member
I made 2 mistakes in hindsight. 1 i used a chinese head unit. it was a pumpkin 6.95 quad core. still have this and it freezes on the most basic task. 2 i used a bluetooth elm 327 for odb2. i used torque app it was fine. i think with a head unit with more ram and a cable it would be just fine.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
I made 2 mistakes in hindsight. 1 i used a chinese head unit. it was a pumpkin 6.95 quad core. still have this and it freezes on the most basic task. 2 i used a bluetooth elm 327 for odb2. i used torque app it was fine. i think with a head unit with more ram and a cable it would be just fine.

Hence why I recommended the OBD adapter that I did. Chinese head unit has nothing to do with it, find a reputable unit with 16GB RAM and 10.0 and it'll be fine.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I went with the black face innovative and black face aeroforce. The only issue, which is a big one, is that with polarized sun glasses on I can’t see the aeroforce gauge. Something about their clear plastic doesn’t work with polarized glasses. I’m going to call and get their suggestions on how to resolve since not wearing glasses isn’t an option. Just a FYI for you.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

There is no solution, the gauges are polarized and apparently your glasses are polarized in the opposite direction so all of the light emitted from the gauge is blocked.

Last edited:

SLOWBRA

Established Member
There is no solution, the gauges are polarized and apparently your glasses are polarized in the same direction so all of the light emitted from the gauge is blocked.

That's disappointing to hear. I'm going to try and remove the clear plastic to see if that helps. If so, I'll find a way to make something. No point in having a gauge that you can't see :)

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
That's disappointing to hear. I'm going to try and remove the clear plastic to see if that helps. If so, I'll find a way to make something. No point in having a gauge that you can't see :)
Might even be able to just rotate the lens 90 degrees if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread