Aftermarket front splitter

TX_Snake_08

Established Member
Just curious if anyone has an aftermarket front splitter they are happy with. Looking for something that is a bit more aggressive in appearance, but not ricey.

sweetlou1182

Established Member
That link above is the super snake lip and pretty much gunna pay $699 anywhere for that piece. I've been trying to get my hands on a raceskinz extreme splitter since Christmas time. They were in the process of moving shop so all orders were on hold and still are for that piece but looks badass

TheGovernment

Established Member
APR makes a nice one. I personally couldn't do carbon fiber but I'd paint to match whatever one I'd get anyways.
First thing I did when I got my 08 was pull off all the crappy grey trim and paint it black. Makes a world of difference in the look of the car.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I changed my Super Snake splitter to the GT500KR splitter. I like the Super Snake splitter, and will keep it since it is original to my car, but I have always thought the KR splitter looked a little more aggressive.

Pictured below is my original Super Snake splitter (note that the ends by the wheel well are not flat like the Super Snake splitter that is now being sold). The KR splitter is on the bottom in the pictures..........

004_zpsyixolib6.jpg

003_zpstqi9piwj.jpg

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
When installed, the KR splitter (since it does not "dip-in" in the middle) almost has a NASCAR look to it, except it doesn't stick out as far, which is also good............

003_zpsdjo8tpdb.jpg

002_zpstz7sxfel.jpg

001_zps7btznrpv.jpg

R

sweetlou1182

Established Member
KR splitters when they do appear for sale go for the $1200+ range due to their rarity

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Where did you buy the KR splitter?

As mentioned above, they are usually about $1200, I paid $900 shipped for mine, I recently saw one for sale for $1000 or best offer on one of the forum For Sale sections.

The KR splitter has the obvious area sticking out from under the front valance that everyone can see, but if you compare my pictures of the original Super Snake splitter and the GT500KR splitter side-by-side, there is also other functionality to the KR splitter "under the car". The KR splitter goes further under the car and ties in at the front of the plastic wheel well inner liner area on both sides, this keeps the air flow directed under the car and helps keep air from getting up behind the bumper and other areas in the frontal area of the car.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
KR splitters when they do appear for sale go for the $1200+ range due to their rarity

I did a quick search on eBay.

Here is a "used" KR splitter with a few small blemishes but no cracks, $600 +$160 shipping, Buy-It-Now..........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...ash=item21109c9d19:g:iEYAAOSwhOBXUIcr&vxp=mtr

A few "New" examples from Shelby for $900 + $99 shipping (or pull the trigger early for $1249 + $99).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...ash=item2a6bd07dc8:g:AgkAAOSwzgRWxdRo&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...ash=item2a6be322e2:g:AgkAAOSwzgRWxdRo&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...ash=item2a6be322e2:g:AgkAAOSwzgRWxdRo&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...ash=item2a6bb7b021:g:AgkAAOSwzgRWxdRo&vxp=mtr

^^^^^^^^^This last one has a bid @ $899.99 so the Buy-It-Now went away.

I remember when these KR splitters were $5K-$6K.......Times have changed, but it is still a Nice piece!

R

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Are there any good chin spoilers out there to replace old beat up ones on a 2011 gt500? If so can people post some links and pics please?

Pretty much everyone that has a 2010 or new does the supersnake splitter as well. They look a hundred times nicer than the stock one. I'll post some of mine in a little.

sweetlou1182

Established Member
Wow those are actually good prices for the KR lip. I've never seen one below a grand. I'm tempted.

Your right Robert, now it seems to be the KR hoods going for huge dollars

Stetler17

Established Member
The 10' and up also look very good with the stock splitter color match to the car and the 13/14' lower valance added but left black. Gives the visual appearance of the front being lower and wider without the bumper rolling in at the bottom.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Wow those are actually good prices for the KR lip. I've never seen one below a grand. I'm tempted.

Your right Robert, now it seems to be the KR hoods going for huge dollars

No, actually the 2008/2009 GT500KR hoods are cheap at $2K-$3K. When the KR was a current model, Shelby was selling an insurance replacement Carbon Fiber KR hood for $23K (yes, $23,000 for the hood) and you had to prove you were a KR owner, and the hood damage had to be documented and the original damaged hood proven to be destroyed.

Then I remember when they dropped to $18K and then I didn't see one for a while until some started to appear for sale 2-3 years ago for $7500, and then $5000 and now we are to the $2K-$3K range.

The CF KR hood is Great looking from the outside and has much engineering on the underside to be CAI functional and get water properly drained, but with that under hood engineering, the area below the hood is minimized for larger/taller blowers and notching is required for the big boy blowers. <<<This is not a big deal as long as the hood is reinforced properly, but it damages the value of the hood.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread