Aftermarket front bumper cover help

dpa43

Established Member
Sorry but that won't fit without some modifacation. That is the Mondeo front bumper and unfortuneately will not bolt on. I do believe that someone on contour.org did make one fit but not sure who it was.

crazyj0n

Established Member
Sorry but that won't fit without some modifacation. That is the Mondeo front bumper and unfortuneately will not bolt on. I do believe that someone on contour.org did make one fit but not sure who it was.

5% discount ey? Need some advertising i guess?

beyondloadedSE

Established Member

And when you say some modification, I think you mean major modification. ;)

No one has molded one, although some guy on CEG said he was going to mold one to car about a month ago. He hasn't posted since.

Since this was just discussed not to long ago, I'll just copy and paste my post.

It certainly would be possible to mold the two together, but I'm not really sure there is really any good way to go about it. Obviously, if you were to mold the two together, you would cut right about right in the middle of each bumper. I've molded an SVT fascia with my SE fascia and this seems to be the easiest. By doing this, you won't be able to retain the Contour bumper reinforcement since the Mondeo reinforcement appears to be shorter judging by the fascia, which by the way is mandatory. Without any reinforcement behind the fascia, I gaurantee the first time you get on the highway, the fascia will vibrate so badly, the molded seam will crack.

Also the Mondeo fascia is missing an important bodyline of the Contour, so its going to look really goofy and won't look natural or OEM which is highly key imho.

bodylinecomparison.jpg

Anything could be done with enough money, but I don't see any well done way to incorporate the bodylines from the SVT fascia into the Mondeo fascia without some crazy mold seam and retain the OEM bumper reinforcement. I'm not trying to talk you out of it. I think it would be cool if it was done (even though I think the SVT fascia looks better to begin with), I just think its more trouble than its worth. That being said, I'm sure if we all lived over in Europe, I guarantee people would be trying to mold SVT fascia's to their Mondeo, just because it's different. Different is always better though.

FWIW, I priced the shipping from Europe to the US and it would be about $750 for shipping alone. Not worth it.

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
i kinda like the look of the mondeo fronts...see what my cousin can do for me(he's got one that he brought when he moved from the UK to The Hague in the Netherlands).

The only big problem I think you would really run into when it comes to the body lines is in the dog leg in the back door. Otherwise just take a door skin for each door, cut a portion out and replace the body line with a smooth roll? I haven't see every angle of a Mondeo though, so I could be waaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

Users who are viewing this thread