Aftermarket blower dimensions

Saleen498

Established Member
Hello all. I am currently building a long over project of parts that have been collecting dust for the last 13 years. I have a stick eaton for a cobra swap going into a 02 saleen. I'm looking into other blowers since the tech has moved so much further in the last decade, specifically the whipple gen 5 3.0.
My questions for anyone out there are how much larger is the whipple than the stock eaton? Primarily how much higher is the center of the snout than stock? I have a s281E hood and am concerned about the pulley clearance. Side profiles of my cobra hood vs the saleen hood look pretty similar and I have seen stock eaton swaps under saleen heat extractor hoods.
My second question is on the crusher inlets, how much clearance is there to the valve cover, I am looking to use the Lincoln Aviator valve cover for the breather location in the rear for a cleaner look.
Lastly, Is the whipple 3.0 a good street car blower? The car is IRS swapped, return style fuel system with automotive external pump, ID1050X injectors that I may trade up to ID1300s before the first start, ported heads, ported lower intake, ARH 1 7/8 LTs with no cats, big bore and stroked and 10:1 compression. T56 magnum trans. It is a convertible and will never see the track. Just a car to drive up in the mountains and take to shows. If the 3.0 is overbearing or a street car, what do you all recommend?
If anyone has a saleen "E" hood on their cobra I'd love to see any clearances. I've been so far out of the car community for way too long and am looking forward to this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread