After LACR 08/08

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
LACR is 2,710 ft. above sea-level. To figure the altitude factor the formula is as follows: ET: multiply your et (at LACR) by .97. MPH: multiply your mph (at LACR) by 1.03. This will give you the ET & MPH at sea-level. - LACR

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
That ONLY accounts for altitude. It doesn't account for weather conditions. The 12.15@117 would have come at sea level, with perfect air temp, pressure, and humidity. Too bad they just don't correct it on the timeslip.;-)

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
That ONLY accounts for altitude. It doesn't account for weather conditions.
Aha... :) ...I realized this only after reading through Tetge's original 'Density Altitude' thread.

Too bad they just don't correct it on the timeslip.;-)
Agreed. Absolutely.

stang99

Yes, the corrections are fun to do. But, in reality, you should run against your own best times at LACR. I have found that the straight altitude correction factor, which is actually .9679 X ET and 1.033 X MPH, seems to be representative of the differences in ET that I have had at LACR; Fontana; Carlsbad; and. Famoso.
Next time I go to LACR, I will be ready and I will have no excuses. It really does not pay to run if your clutch or tires are not right. But, making excuses is also part of racing. Last night, after I stopped drinking, about one in the morning I was running down the street right by the strip and the air was really cool (less than 70 degrees). My car felt a lot stonger than it did in the heat. Wait until Fall, and your times will get better at LACR.
Sonic V: I know these guys in Pacoima who can make you a timing slip. I'll hook you up if you really want to get one. They can put any time you want on it. They can make other documents too, if you want them....

stang99

I was checking my stats and LACR is a tough track IMHO. SonicV has made impressive progress but I watched the video and he has good technique. Nice launch and fairly quick shifting. I made a small file of my LACR sub 13 sec times. There have not been too many and only one run had a 60' of greater than 2.099. Nail that 60' and the 12's are yours.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Thanks for the props Tetge. I've got to get someone to build I track near me, so I can practice more often. Practice makes perfect.

stang99

My posse liked the way your car sounded. I could almost lose my Flowmasters to get that sound since I already have the same catted x-pipe. But I like the Flowmasters. Practice is definitely the answer and LACR is not easy to learn. Try and get to Chevy vs Ford cause you deserve another rematch. I intend to be ready on that day. Did the Z06 ever get in the 12's?, or do you own him too?

Thanks for the props Tetge. I've got to get someone to build I track near me, so I can practice more often. Practice makes perfect.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
My posse liked the way your car sounded. I could almost lose my Flowmasters to get that sound since I already have the same catted x-pipe. But I like the Flowmasters. Practice is definitely the answer and LACR is not easy to learn. Try and get to Chevy vs Ford cause you deserve another rematch. I intend to be ready on that day. Did the Z06 ever get in the 12's?, or do you own him too?

I didn't get to run the Z again, but the closest he got to 12 was a 13.109. Not close enough. When I saw him after I broke 12, showed him my timeslip and said, "Why couldn't you have been next to me for this run!?"

I don't know about the Ford v. Chevy thing. Isn't it bracket racing? I'm far from consistent and wouldn't make it far at all.

stang99

Chevy vs Ford is bracket racing. But, they allow a lot of "qualifying" runs prior to starting the bracket racing. Plus, they usually run "time only" runs even during the bracket eliminations. Before the bracket racing begins everyone makes a bunch of runs to decide what dial in they want to paint on their window. You can actually change your dial in before every run, so you can fine tune it. I hate bracket racing, but, on a Saturday meet, the track is well prepped and there will not be a lot of rice there for the event. Basically, you should get your monies worth of runs in and then, you can try bracket racing until you get eliminated. There is a lot of luck in the early rounds and sometimes inexperienced people go a long way through the rounds. I red light a lot and eliminate myself. But, I usually get enough runs to make the entry price worth it. They may even have "time only" on the web site for that day. If they do, anyone can run even though there is a scheduled event.

Pasted from the LACR web site:
Drage Race Entry - Trophy Class - $20 Money Class - $40
Burnout Contest Included with Entry
General Admission $10
Children Under 10 are Free
Gate Opens at 4pm - Racing till 10pm
Time Trials at 5pm - Eliminations at 7pm
Information 661-533-2224

I will be only paying the $20 (trophy). Time trails is the part where you test to see what dial in you are going to use. Eliminations is the bracket racing but they usually allow some time only runs between the brackets. You get to make your test passes and at least one run in the bracket racing for sure.

I didn't get to run the Z again, but the closest he got to 12 was a 13.109. Not close enough. When I saw him after I broke 12, showed him my timeslip and said, "Why couldn't you have been next to me for this run!?"

I don't know about the Ford v. Chevy thing. Isn't it bracket racing? I'm far from consistent and wouldn't make it far at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Tetge...how many people do u think are going to show up?
If they only allow 2 hours of time trial doesnt seem much time if there is a load of folks.

Do u remember the past events & how many folks were in on it?
Thanks.

stang99

I don't exactly remember how many people showed up but I got lots of runs. Fri night I took four runs. That actually was too many since I did not get the car cooled down enough between runs. Sometimes I only take two or three runs. After you start getting consistent, you can usually figure out about how fast you can go without unduly beating your car. So, it is better to take it easy, do some spectating and let the car cool between runs. When I go to Chevy vs Ford, I'll get there at 4 and let the car cool until they start running at 5. Then, I'll watch a few runs to see how the track prep looks. After I scope out the track, I'll check my air pressure and go take a run. If it is in the mid to high 12's at more than 111, I'll let the car cool for quite a while since all I am working for is guaranteed every time 12's at 111+ at LACR. I'd love to have an 11 sec car that was as reliable and mild mannered as my current car, but, always going in the 12's would be very acceptable. If I have real problems launching on my first run, or, I miss a shift, I might hot lap to try to assess the car, but, I am not a big fan of the effects that hot lapping have on the '03's. Seems that they seriously heat sink fairly quickly and then I think that the ECU pulls power.

You wanted to know all of this, right?

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Tetge...how many people do u think are going to show up?
If they only allow 2 hours of time trial doesnt seem much time if there is a load of folks.

Do u remember the past events & how many folks were in on it?
Thanks.

stang99

Thanks. I'm old, which is why I know some things, and my car is sort of slow and underpowered, so I am hoping that others will get their 03's running to their potential at LACR. That way the 03 will be properly represented in front of a lot of spectators. I'm sort of a Mustang nut, so it is all good, even after you all start beating me every race.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Thanks. I'm old, which is why I know some things, and my car is sort of slow and underpowered, so I am hoping that others will get their 03's running to their potential at LACR. That way the 03 will be properly represented in front of a lot of spectators. I'm sort of a Mustang nut, so it is all good, even after you all start beating me every race.

:beer: :beer:

Yes its good info :D & i appreciate ya for it. ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
No. :(

Feel asleep. After my nap & turned the TV on & started watching American Choppers. :nonono:

Have to wake up early tomorrow morning. Dont think ill be signed on much tomorrow. :eek:

jonas

Established Member
on a tiny itty bitty almost worthless sidenote

I ran my best ever 13.44

my car isnt pukllied or chipped but has all the popular boltons as sen in my sigs. big poppa juan videoed it on poison/david's vidcam

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
WHAT?! Dave is actually gonna be signed off for once? I don't know if the site can take it. Everything might collapse.

Jerk.

:lol:
Scared to get into it dude. The only thing that really worries me is that fuel rail / Schraeder valve.

Besides that it should be a walk in the park.
Waiting for dinner to come to my house :D

Pizza

Users who are viewing this thread