After LACR 08/08

stang99

Hey! Did that nasty Z06 ever run better than my [email protected]? The next time I run LACR it will be with a Spec Stage 2 clutch and 315 Nitto drag radials. I may even replace the OEM spark plugs in my car since they will have 30000 miles on them. I have considered checking out the fuel filter too. With hundreds of modded 03's at the track, one has to work hard to keep up.
Did Sonic ever run 12's? That's one bad assed sounding 03, there. It can run the numbers for sure and will after the quadrant is installed and the shifting becomes sure and fast.
Lots of fun for $15, and, I gotta tell you that LACR runs a very organized efficient show. After you try some other strips, you will come to appreciate LACR.
There is a small Mustang car show scheduled at an excellent new speed shop in Lancaster on the morning of Saturday, 08/23/03, and LACR will run 4PM-10PM for Chevy vs Ford. The track should be prepped well for that event and it will cost more to run. If you are serious, you should attempt to schedule a full day that Saturday to run the event. Generally, these are the best times to run LACR.
It was good to see all the Cobras at LACR tonight. I did not see a whole lot of Chevys.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hey Tetge....man i didnt even know u left for the night.

Man u missed it :nonono:

SonicVenum did break into the 12's. I'll let him give you the good news.
It was cool to see you out with us tonight.

:beer:

stang99

I gave his clutch one last magic adjustment as I was leaving. It was definitely a 12 sec night, but not for me. No traction, but, we will fix that. Good seeing all of your. No wonder you have so many posts. You never sleep.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
I gave his clutch one last magic adjustment as I was leaving. It was definitely a 12 sec night, but not for me. No traction, but, we will fix that. Good seeing all of your. No wonder you have so many posts. You never sleep.

:lol:

Only normal folks sleep :shrug:

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50644

Sorry the pic i tried to take at the staging lanes was not good at all. :nonono:

Talk about a good night to get the times but i couldnt manage it either.
:p

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Here you go Tetge. My clutch seems to LOVE your gentle touch.

It's a little tough to see, but it's a 12.88@111 w/1.97 60'. Yes, I fell asleep at the line.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I can't find the damn slip! That's the pic I took at the track under my dome light. I went and looked in the car, no luck. I'll look for it again tomorrow....uh when I wake up way later today.

stang99

Sonic Venum- I knew when to leave... I told you 12's were in your car. I could hear them. And, also, I told you that the 60' time was the key. The 1.97 60' paid off on the run. My best 60' last night was over 2.2. Next time I run you, it should be very interesting. You will pick up some more time when you get the adjustable quadrant in the car and you can shift better from 2->3. That first 12 second run is always a great feeling.

BTW: The run doesn't count if you can't produce the original slip .:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that Chevy vs Ford will be $20. It's never really expensive for the weekend events. They charge extra for the extra track prep

Last edited by a moderator:

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Juan, bro, I knew you were destined for the 12's after your little demo leaving XMP yesterday....one word....VIDEO...

OK...two words....EXHAUST :lol:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Thanks guys for all the compliments and support. I couldn't have done it without my team, and especially hats off to my pit crew, they were really on it last night.

In all seriousness, I was so pumped when I saw the time, I started yelling and hootin and hollerin all the way back down the return lane. The people in the stands must've thought I was crazy.

I gotta go look for that timeslip now. At least I have a crappy pic of it, and I showed it to everyone, so I've got a few witnesses.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I can't f*cking believe I LOST MY F*CKING 12 SEC TIMESLIP!!!:cuss: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

I just went and looked through my whole car, checked all my pockets, everywhere possible here. Nothing. It must have fallen out at the track, at Mac. Grill, at Los Toros, at Carrows, or at the gas station.

Damnit all to hell!

I'm not really THAT mad. I had witnesses, and my crappy pic, and now it gives me more incentive to go get another one with a better time on it.:-D

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
...now it gives me more incentive to go get another one with a better time on it...
That's the attitude :) !

Users who are viewing this thread