"After Dyno-tune" question?

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Whats up guys, I am almost positive that I know the answer to this question. I got my car dyno tuned with a SCT 2 hand-held programmer before I put the car away for storage. When I stored the car I unplugged the battery. After six months of storage I am going to pull the car out. My question is, will unplugging the battery mess with my tune? I don't think it will but I am posting just to make myself sure. If anyone can help me out I will greatly appreciate it.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
I hardly know much about programmers bro. I do know this however; unpluggin your battery will not erase whats stored in your computer. It has a memory just like your home computer and will not go to a "default" setting. You will be fine. Some people I'm sure will say different though. I have listened to people say that you should unplug your battery when you put intake and exhaust on the car so your car will learn it. I think its B.S. Your cars computer compensates when you drive it for whatever changes thereis in that area. I m almost 100% sure your custom tune will be just find dude. Its still there. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The Ford EEC-V is an adaptive computer. It adjust it's short and long term fuel trims based on past experiance (key cycles). It does in fact "learn" what is going on with the engine.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Torch10th said:
The Ford EEC-V is an adaptive computer. It adjust it's short and long term fuel trims based on past experiance (key cycles). It does in fact "learn" what is going on with the engine.
Thats what i said bud, there is no need to unplug battery. It "learns". People need to understand this. After all technology has come a long ways since the 1990's

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Unplugging clears it's "assumptions" which after a modification like an air intake can be beneficial.

Will it eventually get the info it needs anyway? Yeah. It'll take longer though.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Torch10th said:
Unplugging clears it's "assumptions" which after a modification like an air intake can be beneficial.

Will it eventually get the info it needs anyway? Yeah. It'll take longer though.

Well at least we have an agreement here.

Users who are viewing this thread