After cat x pipe gains

Youngone2012

Established Member
Has anyone seen gains from an after cat x pipe, it seems there should be a gain going from the 2.25" h pipe to a 2.75" x pipe would free up some exhaust flow.

Youngone2012

Established Member
Guess not, i have read that some people say they pick up a mph in the 1/4 and I have heard most saying it's only noise... But no results. Only what people say

sloppymax

Established Member
I have no data but my experience only led to a sound change. It essentially took the pulsing out the exhaust from the stock h pipe. I could not tell any difference power wise but I liked the moderate change in the exhaust. It was only slightly louder at idle but sounded more refined at moderate to WOT. I used a BBK after cat x and it took a few adjustments to seal but overall a good fit. Did you end up finding a midpipe?

Youngone2012

Established Member
I bought a borla after cat x pipe for a really good deal, figuring I would pick up atleast some kind of gain from increasing the diameter slightly over 20% in the h pipe area. Soo, you wouldn't say you picked up any power in the swap? I'm almost half tempted to have it dynoed before and after.

sloppymax

Established Member
I would not say there are zero gains but what gains there are will likely not be felt. The stock h does drop down in size and is of course crush bent. Efficiency would be better with mandrel bends like the aftermarket after cat x pipes have and more consistent size. The BBK is 2.75", not sure if the Borla is the same. I would think maybe 5hp at the wheels tops but in this case, I would love to be proven incorrect.

Youngone2012

Established Member
I have no data but my experience only led to a sound change. It essentially took the pulsing out the exhaust from the stock h pipe. I could not tell any difference power wise but I liked the moderate change in the exhaust. It was only slightly louder at idle but sounded more refined at moderate to WOT. I used a BBK after cat x and it took a few adjustments to seal but overall a good fit. Did you end up finding a midpipe?

If you ever found a box to ship that catted x pipe in I would still buy it from you if it's available and you found a way to ship it

Users who are viewing this thread