After all the hype, who here is actually buying?

eagle eye

Established Member
I still owe you a beer if we ever meet :)
And I agree with everything you posted, I assume MSRP base GT500 will be highest 60s lowest 70s and fully optioned CF track package in low 80s.
Have you talked to your local dealer yet?
-J

Hello J,
Hope things are well.
I, like most, are expecting to see over the top AMDs on the 2020 but there may be a few rational dealers still around.
I haven't spoken to "our" dealer but I'm planning on taking a drive down to feel them out this spring. Geoff is no longer with the company but I do have a good rapport with the new GM and others down there.
I'll pass along any info.
Would love to see your Hertz on the road. A true classic.

David Neibert

Established Member
I'm disappointed it's not turbocharged but still interested. Waiting until pricing and performance specs are released and until 2021 model year for 1st year issues to be resolved. Meanwhile I'll be keeping my lightly modded 2016 Hellcat Challenger.

Established Member
On pricing, and while I never thought possible, consider Superduty trucks are a skosh from 100K, 80-90k mustangs are not so outlandish. So I guess we will see a mid-high 70's starting price and mid-high 80's loaded version; possibly into the 90's.

I think the carbon package will be significant cost, carbon 20" wheels and wings cost a lot, replacement cost for GT350 wing is 7k, wheels 7k ea. too... add all the other carbon pieces and doo dads and it's gonna be painful, seems like at least 10k.

ADM makes sense, that is the premium to get one of the first cars, they can only make them so fast and if you want to be the first kid on the block with a new toy, expect to pay.

Smm7PT

Established Member
2020 GT500, the 80K+ secretary’s car....
I’ll be the cars 2nd owner someday.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Established Member
I'm too satisfied with my R to consider it. While I love the GT500 looks, power, and all... I actually prefer the fenders (vents) and front end (looks like fangs) of the GT350. I also like the way my car drives at the track, a lot, so call me satisfied.

Now if I was in the market and did not already own the GT350, I don't have enough green to justify what I think would be well north of 100K (including ADM,) and patience to wait til someone would sell me one even if I did, so I would probably head to the dealer today and buy an R at hopefully close to MSRP.

If I have a good parking spot available I might look for a secretary's gently used one in 2022 and keep the R to own both. 700+ HP DCT will certainly be awesomely fast.

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
If they offer a manual transmission later in the run and the MSRP for a base car is less than 70K, then yes. Factory forged connecting rods and magnetic ride and 750+ with full factory warranty and no need to pop the pumpkin open to get the desired gear ratio. The manual has absolutely got to be the TR-6070 though, the 6060's ratios are spread too wide between 4th and 6th. The 6070 has a .68 6th gear which is perfect for top end and 4th-6th (1.0, .83, .68) in general are real nice spreads for standing mile events with 3.73s. So top end acceleration past the quarter will be improved. If they release a manual it will be a very special car and maybe the last ever top-line Mustang with a stick.

Established Member
Unless car sales in general really fall off a huge cliff, I bet 2nd year cars still carry ADM...

paluka21

Established Member
msrp deals will be out there. just a matter of finding them.
Indeed. There will always be those dealers who choose to play the ADM game, and some who do not. If I choose to purchase one of these cars, I will find a dealer who does not regardless if I have to fly to another state and drive the car home, or have it shipped.

Last edited:

bdub85

Established Member
Indeed. There will always be those dealers who choose to play the ADM game, and some who do not. If I choose to purchase one of these cars, I will find a dealer who does not regardless if I have to fly to another state and drive the car home, or have it shipped.

Same here. I got my GT350 at MSRP, and I was among the first people to get their 2016's. Don't plan on paying a dime more than MSRP for my GT500 also.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I bet 2nd year cars still carry ADM...
I'll put money on it that the second year of the new GT500 will carry an ADM on most of them on the market. No question about that.

redline

Established Member
As always, an excuse. We are talking specifically about GT500's. I pointed out, once again and as always, that you were incorrect. It wasn't once either.

View attachment 1548646

Now you are changing your original premise to "recent trends." Do you consider the last year the GT500 was sold, 2014, recent? Or are you now going to (once again) change the premise to include GT350's, Focus RS', etc?

Plain and simple, you were wrong. Be a man. Admit you erred and let it go.
I think they missed a color on that chart.

Established Member
I will find a dealer who does not regardless if I have to fly to another state and drive the car home, or have it shipped.

The thing is I look at the expense of travelling or shipping the car as ADM equivalent... So late in 2013, looking for a GT500 then, I found a dealer in timbucktoo willing to go MSRP and tried going to local dealers and said, look I got a dealer in timbucktoo but it would cost me 2k to get it, will you come off your 5kADM... In Houston they all said have a nice trip...

So, yes, ADM disappears in slower markets first, but they only get few allocations so not many cars and it costs to transport.

Also interesting is smaller dealers buy cars from larger ones with more allocation. It's been a pia for me in the past, but I did score a 14 GT500, 2K below MSRP on 1/1/2014. It helped they could count the inventory moved in 2013, so their taxes and allocation story contributed to my deal, pkus I knew them well since I purchased a 11 and they previously took my down payment for a 14 and told me they had allocation and ordered, but after 2 months they returned my deposit and said the allocation was a mistake... so when they had one on the floor and it was new years, they moved it my way.

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
The thing is I look at the expense of travelling or shipping the car as ADM equivalent... So late in 2013, looking for a GT500 then, I found a dealer in timbucktoo willing to go MSRP and tried going to local dealers and said, look I got a dealer in timbucktoo but it would cost me 2k to get it, will you come off your 5kADM... In Houston they all said have a nice trip...

So, yes, ADM disappears in slower markets first, but they only get few allocations so not many cars and it costs to transport.

Also interesting is smaller dealers buy cars from larger ones with more allocation. It's been a pia for me in the past, but I did score a 14 GT500, 2K below MSRP on 1/1/2014. It helped they could count the inventory moved in 2013, so their taxes and allocation story contributed to my deal, pkus I knew them well since I purchased a 11 and they previously took my down payment for a 14 and told me they had allocation and ordered, but after 2 months they returned my deposit and said the allocation was a mistake... so when they had one on the floor and it was new years, they moved it my way.

That sucks you experienced that initially, but as you can see that’s not everyone’s experience when going to a different dealer.

I did not have too much trouble finding a new 2014 in my area at MSRP from several dealerships when I purchased mine. And there have been quite a few who sold the 2015/16 GT350’s at MSRP. This isn’t to say that will be the same way in 2020 when I “may” look for a new GT500. But chances are like you ended up doing, MSRP can and will be had with the right dealership.

As you said, much of this depends on your area and the dealerships there. I would personally rather pay shipping or flight costs than ADM. Simply for the principle of the matter.

Last edited:

LostM

Established Member
Paperwork can be signed electronically or delivered next day. shipping 1 way should be $500-1000 depending on true distance. i find a deal im good with, im taking it, regardless of location

luker669

Established Member
Most likely will get one second year but I’m not willing to pay any ADM’s

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Established Member
My experience was not bad, except when I waited thinking they ordered my car... Partially my fault, I told them I'd only pay MSRP mid 13 for a 14 and they took my order. I suppose they thought they would get additional allocation before I noticed and sold theirs to the suckers who paid ADM... who was the real sucker.

The good thing was 6 mos later I got a 14 from them on new years 2k below. It was a good deal at the time.

Then, in Jan 16, I found a dealer in Killeen Tx. willing to go sell a 16GT350 with ADM 2k while all the dealers in Houston were stuck at min 5K over. So I made the 200 mile trip and bought the car.

In Nov of 17 I traded the GT350 for a R and agreed to 2.5K over when most were going 7.5k over. This dealer gave 55k for the 16 GT350, which was 2.5k above what I expected. I really just negotiated on the trade difference as it was worth 15K to me for the 17R over my 16 tech pack. Just my experiences with several Ford dealers.

And I think MSRP on a 15 was virtually unheard of. Playing with autotrader, the cheapest used 15 GT350 today in the nation is 77,988, or 20k over sticker. Look at used R's and of 25 that show up, the cheapest used is 64.8k, or ~MSRP. Tell the truth, I am surprised at these prices today since I checked a few months ago and seems like I saw some R's in the 50's, but the numbers help explain the ADM and as frustrating as it can be, sometimes the value of the car is just more than the sticker, new or used.

My opinion is the ADM's won't last as long since the overall car market is slowing and dealers will be hungry, but they too know they will only see a couple SVT vehicles and will milk them.

Anyway, good luck finding a 2020 GT500 at MSRP in the next year, I bet on mid-late 2021. Keep in mind, if you pay 5k over and sell a year later for MSRP, then all you really did was pay normal depreciation while you were the first kid on the block with the newest toy. In the case of the 15's, they seem not to depereciate at all, so were buyers suckers to pay ADM for a 15? Just different perspectives.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
I want to get one, sell the 5.2, and put in a built new aluminum 7.3 destroked to a 7.0L 428ci with a single 90 and 7000rpm.

•lower center of gravity
•smaller easier polar yaw transitions
•smaller easier to recess and fit more rearward. Shorten the driveshaft.
•narrower mill means wider shock towers from a sheet metal fab. Easily fit 335’s up front/out back.
•annoy every mod guy on earth. Smile and wave when you drive by in a car running while they are fixing timing components.

I’d get some badges made to read 428 cobrajet

Users who are viewing this thread