AFS wheels

svtrookie

Established Member
I bought one of the last sets from AFS when they stopped producing them a few years back. AFS mentioned the wheels were chromed using better quality materials in California. After being on a waiting list for almost a year they informed me that they had production issues with the chrome in China. Who knows if that is true. My wheels are still in boxes, so I can't speak to the longevity before pitting, but the wheels do look very nice.
AFS Wheels.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought one of the last sets from AFS when they stopped producing them a few years back. AFS mentioned the wheels were chromed using better quality materials in California. After being on a waiting list for almost a year they informed me that they had production issues with the chrome in China. Who knows if that is true. My wheels are still in boxes, so I can't speak to the longevity before pitting, but the wheels do look very nice. View attachment 1625690

Is it the reflection, or does the finish look very wavy?

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
I'm planning to sit this first production run out to wait and see what sort of feedback others have on them.

At 1800 dollars, you're close to CCWs in price so it's a tough decision.

But like Cobrabob said, it is the best looking wheel for the Cobras..... I agree with that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I'm planning to sit this first production run out to wait and see what sort of feedback others have on them.

At 1800 dollars, you're close to CCWs in price so it's a tough decision.

But like Cobrabob said, it is the best looking wheel for the Cobras..... I agree with that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I’ve debated this myself, but it is the best wheel in my opinion and have been impossible to find.

As much as I love my TF wheels, I’m ready for something new that comes clean by just looking at it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I've had a couple sets of these and have always had issues with the chome.. however, I always bought them second hand. I still have some 18x9s in great shape that I planned to pair with 17x10.5s because I could never find the 18x10.5s in good shape.

I plan to buy a set of this new batch as well.. I'd like to have these as my everyday wheel and sell off the welds I have for some CCWs or TF wheels

whipple1raptor

Established Member
Son of a bitch haha I'm clearly paying attention. How do those match the OEMs? Was talking to my wife yesterday about my new tires, it would be a perfect time to get 10.5s for the rear...

They match perfectly. Got my set from LMR!

But always wanted a set of AFS. So if these are coming back out, I’m snatching these up quick.

IMG_0229.JPG

Stage 4.6

Established Member
does anyone know what material they're using to make these? I have a set of afs 17x10.5" replicas that pitted like a mo fo and my car is garage kept.

Same here! Quality was not best, and quite a heavy wheel if i recall? I love the look of those wheels, but $1800 bones seems a bit pricey.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I must have bought mine right before the craze on these things took off. I bought my AFS chrome 18s back in 2009 shipped to my front door with tires mounted for $890 shipped. 11 years later, still like new. :D

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I am interested in purchasing a set on this next production run...

Who do I need to contact?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SammyP

Established Member
I am interested in purchasing a set on this next production run...

Who do I need to contact?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Not sure, i just check their site daily but i am thinking things might be backed up now with this corona virus since the wheels are made in china. Anybody have any idea?

TERMINATED97

Established Member
I got an email from them February 24th asking if I wanted to be put on the presale list. I replied and said “yes, for sure put me on the list”. That was the last I heard from them.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TERMINATED97

Established Member
But after thinking about it, there is no way I’m spending $1800.00 on some heavy china wheels. I’d rather spend a little more and have some aluminum three piece wheels.

SammyP

Established Member
I got an email from them February 24th asking if I wanted to be put on the presale list. I replied and said “yes, for sure put me on the list”. That was the last I heard from them.

I never got a word from them..

SammyP

Established Member
But after thinking about it, there is no way I’m spending $1800.00 on some heavy china wheels. I’d rather spend a little more and have some aluminum three piece wheels.

I agree with then being “cheap” wheels i guess but have heard good things about then holding up after time. I just really want to keep the stock look of the vehicle and run bigger tires.

TERMINATED97

Established Member
I agree with then being “cheap” wheels i guess but have heard good things about then holding up after time. I just really want to keep the stock look of the vehicle and run bigger tires.

I’ve always had good luck with their wheels myself. I’ve had three sets from them...no complaints. I just can’t justify spending that much on them when I probably paid a little over a thousand for my first set from them.

Users who are viewing this thread