AFS 17x10.5 Chrome wheels

smokedbystang

Established Member
Do these wheels look like the stock chrome rims? Any differences that will make them look ackward. I want to get the AFS wheels and drag radials for the back but if they don't match I'll just use the stock rims.

Thanks
Ken

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
You will have to use spacers with them .. I don't know why they just didn't use the correct offset !!!

Crowley

smokedbystang

Established Member
I have 1" spacers now but from the pictures I've seen that will push the 17x10.5 out a little too far. I will probably go with a 1/4" spacer.
I was just curious if the aftermarket rims look identical to the factory rims. Thanks

U1arunit

10 Second Club
Established Member
They look the same except for the replicas are all chrome on the back sides, no silver paint like the stock wheels.

Mystifi

Established Member
Originally posted by smokedbystang
I have 1" spacers now but from the pictures I've seen that will push the 17x10.5 out a little too far. I will probably go with a 1/4" spacer.
I was just curious if the aftermarket rims look identical to the factory rims. Thanks

I run AFS 10.5 x 17 w/ BFG DR's. I needed to run a 1/2" spacer in order to clear the driver's side IRS bolt. They look fine on the car. Oh BTW the DR's are 315-35-17's

beaSSt

Established Member
The only people I see that have a rubbing problem have been verts. I've had mine for a year with 315/40-17 drag radials with no rubbing at all (coupe). They will touch while on the rack but they will clear as you let it down. So, provided that the rear wheels never leave the ground, you should have no problems either.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
A spacer might be fine for the street, but I would not race at the track with one. :nono:

Doesn't ANYONE make a 17x10-10.5 rim with the CORRECT offset?

Users who are viewing this thread