AFR question- car suddenly rich?

toomanytoys

Established Member
I have the PRP software and have been tuning my 03 Cobra with it. After reading Dons book and using his guide I have been able to write a nice tune for my car. In the wot section I have the car commanding 11.5 afr and was able to verify it with the wideband. I have been running it like this for almost a year now.
Lately I have noticed my afr at wot go as rich as 10.6. What could cause this? Adaptive learning is turned off and I don't get on the car hard very often. Any advice here would be great. Thanks for looking

toomanytoys

Established Member
That line in the back of the blower? I have eliminated the oem pcv from the car. I have a an10 fitting in each valvecover with a braided line that runs to a catch can with a breather on it that's down in the fender. I will start with the line though. Thanks

blown98riored

Established Member
Has the weather changed such as hotter/colder temps, winter/summer since u wrote the tune? What was the issue that the adaptive learning is kept off?

decipha

Established Member
thats not uncommon with fuel changes

even different gas stations can have significantly different grade fuels they regard as e10-premium

Ive seen up to a 10% global swing in my fuel trims from just different stations alone, Ive observed this in my camaro, harley truck, and a few of my supercoupes, one in particular up the street from me apparently sells e30 as e10

toomanytoys

Established Member
Adaptive learning is turned off as suggested in LaSotas book. The tune has been in the car for almost a year so yes there have been some weather changes. This sudden rich condition is only about two weeks old. I checked over the motor and haven't found any leaks on any lines.

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread