Afr numbers.

Blackwell808

Established Member
What should afr be around idle? I was seeing in the 14s. I know at wot ideal is 11.2-11.6 area. But I’m not sure what my timing is at. My aeroforce reads ignition advance is that the same as timing? I do apologize if any questions seem silly. I’m learning still and I want to know as much as I can about these cars. Coming from a fox body this is a new ball game for me.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Around 14.7 is stoic. If you really want to get detail oriented find out how much ethanol is in your gas. But I'd say low 14's to low 15's aren't anything to worry about. Same with part throttle.

Yes, spark advance on the Aeroforce is how much timing the ECU is running.

Blackwell808

Established Member
Around 14.7 is stoic. If you really want to get detail oriented find out how much ethanol is in your gas. But I'd say low 14's to low 15's aren't anything to worry about. Same with part throttle.

Yes, spark advance on the Aeroforce is how much timing the ECU is running.
I am on e85 I’m going to do some wot pulls this weekend and double check and make sure it’s all good. What should they be just cruising around say 45-50mph?

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I am on e85 I’m going to do some wot pulls this weekend and double check and make sure it’s all good. What should they be just cruising around say 45-50mph?
Idle and light part throttle should be around 1.0 lambda (around 14.7 gas scale). You are in closed loop and the 02 sensors are doing their thing to keep you as close to stoich as possible.

When you get a little deeper into the gas pedal and you transition to boost & open loop you will see A/F get richer. Sounds like everything is operating. Are you expierencing drivability issues?

Blackwell808

Established Member
Idle and light part throttle should be around 1.0 lambda (around 14.7 gas scale). You are in closed loop and the 02 sensors are doing their thing to keep you as close to stoich as possible.

When you get a little deeper into the gas pedal and you transition to boost & open loop you will see A/F get richer. Sounds like everything is operating. Are you expierencing drivability issues?
Idling issues. Just trying to make sure everything is where it needs to be. I’m wondering if I need a retune after buying the car from Wisconsin and bringing it to Arizona

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Really shouldn't need a retune but plenty of good tuners here that will do up a tune for you. If you have a xcal 4 and can datalog via live link I'll be happy to take a look at the log to see if I can see anything.

Blackwell808

Established Member
Do you have a Xcal4 handheld? If so you download and install live link on your laptop. Connect the handled to the car and connect the pc to the hand held.
I will do that this weekend! I’m going to do a wot pull today and see what my afr is. Isn’t the sweet spot 11.2-11.6? It makes a little over 700 to the wheels on e85.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I will do that this weekend! I’m going to do a wot pull today and see what my afr is. Isn’t the sweet spot 11.2-11.6? It makes a little over 700 to the wheels on e85.
Yes, in the 11 range is where you want to be. What kind of idle issues are having?

Blackwell808

Established Member
Yes, in the 11 range is where you want to be. What kind of idle issues are having?
It’s just stumbling a lot and surging several hundred rpms but when the ac is off. When I have the ac on, it seems quite a bit more steady. But once I turn it off after a few seconds it’s just like it’s hunting for idle. I did a pull today and hit 6400ish and it was 11.1.

Users who are viewing this thread