afco or fluidyne heat exchanger?

which heat exchanger would you get

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jumperjack

Established Member
I voted Fluidyne only because that is what I ran on my Terminated 96 and it worked well. With the 2.8 KB and 21+ lbs. boost never saw anything over 130 IAT's even during the hot summer days in town driving. I never had an Afco so really can't say anything about them.

TRBO VNM

I believe the AFCO is larger(holds more fluid) and I don't think the fluidyne is dual pass.

They are both going to perform about the same. so I don't think one is so much better than the other.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I believe the AFCO is larger(holds more fluid) and I don't think the fluidyne is dual pass.

They are both going to perform about the same. so I don't think one is so much better than the other.

straight from LP website and its the same on fluidyne also

FLUIDYNE High Performance is proud to announce the release of the 2003-04 Mustang Cobra intercooler system heat exchanger, the FHP30-03COB-HX is destined to be a must have for the performance minded, the FLUIDYNE design is the only Cobra heat exchanger on the market that boasts a three row design with 1 inch tubes for maximum performance!

i would assume that the fluidyne is larger (or how you put it, holds more fluid) and also would keep the car just as cool if not cooling after reading that.... dont you think?

and its a direct bolt on still or so it says

The FLUIDYNE model is also a bolt-in fit, utilizing the existing mounting bracketry and rubber mounts for simple installation. The FHP30-03COB-HX provides the ultimate cooling system package for the street and strip!

Last edited:

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
straight from LP website and its the same on fluidyne also

i would assume that the fluidyne is larger (or how you put it, holds more fluid) and also would keep the car just as cool if not cooling after reading that.... dont you think?

and its a direct bolt on still or so it says

I think choosing either one won't hurt you... Its like choosing between a 5.0 shifter and MGW (or something like that) while both are great, can't go wrong with either one

TRBO VNM

brian, like I said, I believe, which I could be wrong, and like I said, either would work just as well. one isn't going to be OMG so much better than the other. like you said, your search proved that either seems ok. this is like asking which is the better catback. I think you just love posting polls. :D:

I just remember when I was looking at them years ago, Gords Ford and AFCO were the top choices. since then they dual pass HE's have come out.

lxhatch302

Established Member
had a lfp before and it seemed fine, but had to replace it due to smacking the shit out of it....

went with an AFCO and seemed to hold more coolant and havnt had any problems with it...dont think you can go wrong with either one

steve5575

Established Member
I had an LFP on my lightning (now sold) fit like crap on the truck. I had to beat the sides in to make it fit between the frame rails. Also had problems with LFP (That's a whole other deal). I went with the Fluidyne on my Cobra. I really liked that it used the factory brackets. Ford designed those and they work great. After I sold the Lightning the person that purchased it from me had informed me that the H/E came loose and hit the ground. Thats what forced me to stick with factory brackets. With all that said, the Fluidyne does NOT fill the full width of the bumper openning. That may or may not matter to you. I just masked and painted the ends and brackets (not the fins) black and looks great in my opinion.

Last edited:

Wayneo

Established Member
I have a fluidyne waiting to be put it in. I think they look better then afco's do and run cool temps. Thats just my personal opinion though

xenodragon

Established Member
I have an AFCO it was super easy to instal, not cutting or moving or anything...in terms of performance, they are really all the same

Users who are viewing this thread