Aeroforce Interceptor question

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
So i bought an aeroforce interceptor over the winter and finally got around to installing it. Super simple, maybe took 30 mins.

Anyway I’m messing with it and getting it set up and something I noticed is when the car is off, key out of the ignition, door shut, all lights off, if i open the door, the gauge powers up, stays on for 10-15 seconds, and shuts off. If i close the door, it will do the same thing, power up, stay on for 10-15 seconds and power off.

Is this normal? My concern is it draining the battery?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
So i bought an aeroforce interceptor over the winter and finally got around to installing it. Super simple, maybe took 30 mins.

Anyway I’m messing with it and getting it set up and something I noticed is when the car is off, key out of the ignition, door shut, all lights off, if i open the door, the gauge powers up, stays on for 10-15 seconds, and shuts off. If i close the door, it will do the same thing, power up, stay on for 10-15 seconds and power off.

Is this normal? My concern is it draining the battery?
I ran an Aeroforce Interceptor for a few years, before moving to an nGauge when I tuned for additional power. Mine exhibited the same behavior, which I viewed as normal. Never any problem with the battery draining, but I did run a CTEK battery charger to prevent that from happening during longer storage periods (i.e., winter). If you don't run a charger or remain concerned, I recommend simply unplugging the gauge from your OBD-II port when parking the car.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Otherwise, does it work correctly when it's supposed to?

Yes.

I ran an Aeroforce Interceptor for a few years, before moving to an nGauge when I tuned for additional power. Mine exhibited the same behavior, which I viewed as normal. Never any problem with the battery draining, but I did run a CTEK battery charger to prevent that from happening during longer storage periods (i.e., winter). If you don't run a charger or remain concerned, I recommend simply unplugging the gauge from your OBD-II port when parking the car.

Thanks Steve! I just thought it was strange it did that. I do run a battery tender as well during storage but will most likely run it full time now.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Willie

Established Member
I was going to make a few suggestions, but if two of you have similar experiences, it would seem this is normal so I'll refrain. On my 2008, mine does not behave this way.

What I would do is shoot them a quick email just to be sure. I've dealt with these guys often and they are good with replies.

[email protected]

Willie

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I was going to make a few suggestions, but if two of you have similar experiences, it would seem this is normal so I'll refrain. On my 2008, mine does not behave this way.

What I would do is shoot them a quick email just to be sure. I've dealt with these guys often and they are good with replies.

[email protected]

Willie

Thanks Willie, I did shoot them over an email and update the thread with the results.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont know if the module is called the same on newer vehicles or not but I know on the older Ford stuff opening and closing the door wakes up the GEM which powers the OBD2 port. When guys are chasing an electric draw and checking the interior fuse panel you'd have to leave the door open long enough for the lights to go out and the GEM to "sleep". If you screw up and close the door you have to start over to figure out where the draw is.

I wouldn't be concerned. Before I started using a battery tender I would unplug it when parking for more than a couple of days (my car has had a draw for a long time, I'm guessing its the aftermarket alarm)

Users who are viewing this thread