AEM Wideband 30-4900 Failsafe

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Last edited:

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
I'n not familiar with it but I can tell you I will be installing that on my car.

FordEvangelist

Established Member
I have it in my car. It's pretty awesome. Included software allows you to config it and set parameters to trigger an alarm or send a signal to a relay. I'm about to install nitrous on my car and am going to use the gauge to shut off the nitrous if the AFR starts leaning out when in boost.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I have it in my car. It's pretty awesome. Included software allows you to config it and set parameters to trigger an alarm or send a signal to a relay. I'm about to install nitrous on my car and am going to use the gauge to shut off the nitrous if the AFR starts leaning out when in boost.

I might just opt for the warning, but do you know any details on how it connects to the PCM to cut the power?

FordEvangelist

Established Member
It doesn't connect to the PCM but you can use the warning output wire to trigger a relay. I believe it can be configured as a 12v+ or a ground. It has a built-in alarm of sorts in that you can set the entire gauge to flash as a warning. Not noticeable sometimes though.

Z06KILLR

Established Member
did you get it hooked up? what do you have it set to do if it runs out of the program range (warning lights?)?

itSSlow98

Established Member
Im strongly considering this gauge myself in place of my Innovate Wideband. I like the fact that it has the alarm and ability to cut power which I would wire to my boost controller.

Z06KILLR

Established Member
I have an innovative in place already as well but will probably just keep it

Basically just use the AEM for its wideband monitoring and relay triggering.

Z06KILLR

Established Member
I was trying to think of a way to automatically put the engine in limp mode with the relay feature on this.

Anyone have any ideas? I obviously dont want to cut the fuel pump or turn off power completely so the engine turns off...

Users who are viewing this thread