AED Tune & Paxton

BigNoviCoyote

For anyone needing a tune or looking for a new tuner...Shaun @ AED is where you need to be.

I'm far from easy as far being a customer. In fact, I'm probably very annoying with my continuous entry level questions. (tuning related, I'm a long time car guy and do everything myself aside from this cars tune) I've sent over 20 emails with various questions and received responses same day usually within the hour. All of his responses were polite and informative.

I took my car in on the current tune about a week ago and it laid down 511rwhp... This WAS NOT an AED tune, but I wanted more. I also favor in person tuning and the ability to ask questions and see first hand. Shaun and I talked it over and made arrangements for him to re-tune my car.

His normal business hours are Monday-Friday like anyone else... However he is coming in and opening the shop this Saturday on his day off to tune my car... This is above and beyond in terms of service and customer support.

My car has the following modifications:
-Paxton Novi 2200SL
-3.8" Pulley
-ID1050x Injectors
-BBK 1-7/8 LT
-BBK O/R X-Pipe
-Borla 2-3/4 Overaxles
-Roush Axle Backs

I'm anxious to see what he can do with this thing this weekend. Stay tuned for an update on power numbers! AED FTW.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been reading more and more good things about Shaun and AED.
Nice to have plenty of great Mustang tuners out there.

Gruca

Established Member
Shaun is the man. On my Paxton setup, I put down 796rwhp with a 3.33 pulley gated to 11psi. I’ve since removed the waste gate and it goes to 14psi. No dyno results yet. Car runs great. Couldn’t ask for better turnarounds from someone as busy as that man. I’ll always recommend him to people.

BigNoviCoyote

Shaun is the man. On my Paxton setup, I put down 796rwhp with a 3.33 pulley gated to 11psi. I’ve since removed the waste gate and it goes to 14psi. No dyno results yet. Car runs great. Couldn’t ask for better turnarounds from someone as busy as that man. I’ll always recommend him to people.
Those are killer numbers. What made you remove the waste gate? Is this on a stock Gen 1 Shortblock?

Reaper14

Established Member
I run the Sai Li kit. I would recommend going with a full Fore set up for just a little more $$. I will probably have to end up doing that when I turn up the boost.

V.C

Gruca

Established Member
Those are killer numbers. What made you remove the waste gate? Is this on a stock Gen 1 Shortblock?

I forged the engine this summer.

Shaun will recommend the Rodeheaver fuel system. If you run it with E85 and plan to put down 750+ it’ll start to run out of gas though. You might need a BAP with it after that.

Gruca

Established Member
999999`

eventually I plan to e85 only. But I'm trying to decide between the Sai Li system or the Rodeheaver system. I know I'm gonna need to do a return style to benefit from e85.
Just for the sake of information, I have the Rodeheaver system with VMP rails, 1050x injectors, and a JMS BAP for a GT350. I have tons of fuel at 800+ with 20+ degreees of timing.

BigNoviCoyote

Please explain the Rodeheaver system?
Just google that and click on coyote fuel system. It’s a clean kit that utilizes both feed and return line (new) vs using the stock feed with other kits. I’ve also heard the fuel hat has better clearance under the seat. This was just from some light reading.

I’d post the website link, but i don’t know if that would be an issue with trying to “advertise”. So just give it a quick google

Gruca

Established Member
Please explain the Rodeheaver system?
It’s basically a factory GT350 dual fuel pump setup with the hat modified to accept AN fittings so you can use good fuel lines. You get 8AN in and 6AN return lines with the system. It’s very easy to install. I did it alone in my garage in a few hours. It also adds a second FPCM in the trunk so the computer still controls both pumps like a factory system. The pumps are not full power at all times like the fore systems. They work like stock.

Because of the added FPCM in the trunk, if you ever reach the system’s limit and need to get more out of it, you can get a BAP for a GT350 and it will work on your car.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I was more curious because that’s the name of the shop in Masontown PA that tuned my ‘66. It is an uncommon name so I wondered if there was some connection.

BigNoviCoyote

Alright just finished up @ AED. Car made some pretty good numbers on 91. There is a little more left in it due to needing a BAP. We ran out of fuel up top but no big deal. Next will be a BAP or the fuel system and some race gas. Great job Shaun!
Dyno Results .jpg

Users who are viewing this thread