AED Tune done Another Review

notchy444

Established Member
I know this has been done 100x on this forum but I wanted to share my experience with AED and Shaun. First off Im running a 2012 Mustang 5.0 Premium with O/R X pipe 3.73 gears JLT Carbon fiber CAI and a Boss 302 intake manifold with GT500 AB... Iv had a Bama 91 Race tune on my car for the last 6k miles and had a few issues with the idle and also mid range was poor and have proof with a dyno run.
IMG_0761_zps76e9a7e0.jpg

Bama has been good with feed back and I did data log with them one time but still was unable to fix my mid range tq drop. So I contacted Shaun at AED and started up a custom tune. He responded very fast and helped with the whole data log. He even helped with some other issues I had with the tune logging by recommending someone at SCT for me with a direct line to him. After my final tune was all loaded I went for a test drive and WOW do I need some new tires as the stock 255/40/19 P Zeros can no longer hold onto my power. My Mid range feels amazing and I havnt had any surging or idling issues. My next step is to contact Beefcake for a Paxton setup with a BAP and some ID1000. Also need some new rims and tires hahaha. I hope this review helps anyone else in making up there mind on a tuner. I drank the AED koolaid and im loving it!

PS That Dyno was on the Bama Race tune 91 without my Boss 302 intake manifold. Ill go back to the same dyno and post a run with AED tune and Boss IM soon

Last edited:

notchy444

Established Member
The mid range drop was from the 91 octane race tune from bama. This was done to show them the drop I was getting after they sent me a tune revision that didn't work. I don't have a dyno run with the Aed tune and boss intake manifold yet put the power loss in the mid range is no longer there as I can't feel it any more. I love the itsx. Once you learn how to hook it up to live links gen 2 and set the right parameters to log it's super easy to log live with no laptop or wires. Also loading the tune is super easy as well

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
How do you like your iTSX? Since its MAC compatible, did you do your data logging for Shawn with a MAC or PC?

notchy444

Established Member
Well u can set up the itsx on any computer and once u have the right confit file sent to the itsx listing the right parameters (maf frequency, rpm, ext ext) u can data log from your cell phone. No computer needed in the car and its wireless making data logging easy to do solo.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
Well u can set up the itsx on any computer and once u have the right confit file sent to the itsx listing the right parameters (maf frequency, rpm, ext ext) u can data log from your cell phone. No computer needed in the car and its wireless making data logging easy to do solo.

Biggest reason why I got the itsx is that I do not have a laptop only a desktop so I needed it to data log

Thanks. It gets a lot of bad reviews but I think most were from before the update that allowed it to data log without issues. Can't make up my mind :bash:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
So you could log with an ipad in the car? Or you don't need any extra devices, just the itsx by itself logging away for later review when attached to a computer?

notchy444

Established Member
So you could log with an ipad in the car? Or you don't need any extra devices, just the itsx by itself logging away for later review when attached to a computer?

No, all you need is a Ipad or Iphone to start the logs and email them to your tuner (AED). Once all the options are set up, no desktop or laptop is needed at all. Amazing little thing. Also the gauges are really cool. We have a wideband build into the car so you can monitor Wideband Air/Fuel on the app. Its just like a AeroForce Interceptor Gauge.

srt10guy

Im gonna ask a stupied ? But whats aed web site an contact info i caint find them in the vindors page .. Also caint aed do the gost cam for the auto cars ?

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
No, all you need is a Ipad or Iphone to start the logs and email them to your tuner (AED). Once all the options are set up, no desktop or laptop is needed at all. Amazing little thing. Also the gauges are really cool. We have a wideband build into the car so you can monitor Wideband Air/Fuel on the app. Its just like a AeroForce Interceptor Gauge.

How are all the initial options set up?

Have you experienced any lock-ups, or any other issues that you read about in the reviews?

Sorry for all the questions..I'm a click away from ordering this thing and I want to be sure I'm not making a $470 mistake.

Thanks man :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread