Aed gt500 whipple 2.9 730rwhp

68gtscode

Established Member
My brother, a long-time Porsche enthusiast who currently owns two relatively nasty 911s, recently decided to buy a GT500. He located a pristine 3,400 mile 09 in Florida that had just received a Whipple 2.9 and other tasteful mods including full American Racing long tubes/exhaust and Steeda suspension set up in-house at Steeda’s facility in Florida. The car was tuned by one of the most prestigious nationally-known tuners in the country (who shall remain unnamed). The car was making 667RWHP on pump (measured on AED's dyno right after the car came off the moving truck), but we thought there was more on the table. While it seems a lot of people here in Northern CA fly tuners in from around the country, we took a slightly different approach- we shipped the car from Florida to Shingle Springs for Drew and Shaun at AED to dial in.

Drew immediately identified a few issues with the previous work done and made recommendations regarding the fuel system and TB/MAF/intake selection. Once Drew finished preparing the car for a retune, Shaun took over on the dyno. Shaun was able to squeeze 730/680 on a safe pump gas tune! He also paid close attention to drivability, resulting in a mild mannered pussycat that drives like stock around town… until you put your foot in it!

I highly recommend AED for all your automotive needs. Education and career opportunities have brought me to many places around the country, and I have used many well-known shops. AED’s quality of work and customer service are second to none.

Here are some pics for your enjoyment…

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0124-1.jpg

Last edited:

68gtscode

Established Member
yup AED is the best man!! :beer: congrats on the new found power!!!

Great looking ride! Hope your brother lets you see some time behind the wheel :D

Thanks for the kind words fellas. My brother lives overseas and has not even seen the car yet! I have the tough job of looking after it until he moves back to the USA later this summer. :beer:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Very nice numbers. That GT500 looks sexy as ****, definitely another dream car of mine. Congrats to your bro on the purchase. Why'd he choose a Shelby over anything else like a CTSV, ZL1, C6Z, or a 13-14 GT500?

Edit- just noticed the date of this thread lol. Damn it's old.

68gtscode

Established Member
what size of pulley is that on the blower? and how much boost?

I'm actually not sure, sorry! Since this post, I bought the car from my brother but have only driven it two or three times... I live in Romania, and the car is in CA. The next time I see the car I'll take a look for you, but it will probably be a few years.

Nice numbers! Well done

Thanks, it runs relatively good IMO considering it's on pump.

Very nice numbers. That GT500 looks sexy as ****, definitely another dream car of mine. Congrats to your bro on the purchase. Why'd he choose a Shelby over anything else like a CTSV, ZL1, C6Z, or a 13-14 GT500?

Edit- just noticed the date of this thread lol. Damn it's old.

He didn't really choose this over other cars... My two brothers and I all like cars, and between us we have 6 Mustangs, 5 Corvettes, and 4 Porsches.

svt4.6snake

The weather man said theres a light chance of snow
Established Member
Yeah they just finished my Termi. I love having them 30 minutes from my house!!!! AED FOR THE WIN

68gtscode

Established Member
A quick note for you CA folks... I am going to be putting this car up for sale shortly. I will post a F/S thread, but in the meantime it is located near Fresno.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
A quick note for you CA folks... I am going to be putting this car up for sale shortly. I will post a F/S thread, but in the meantime it is located near Fresno.

Someone is gonna get a great car

Users who are viewing this thread