AED Dyno Day - 14 March

68gtscode

Established Member
Ladies and gentlemen, I paid $500 to rent AED’s dyno on Sunday, 14 March! This should start at around 10am, and all are welcome to attend.

There is a group leaving from San Jose from the following address:

Wingstop
503 Coleman Ave
San Jose, CA 95110

We will leave promptly at 7:00am and take 880 North, cutting over to 680 North on Mission Blvd. We will then take 580 East, followed by 5 North. Once we get to Sacramento, we will take 50 East. We will exit 50 East at Sunrise Blvd to meet up with the group from the North Bay and those from the Sacramento area at the following address:

K Mart
2344 Sunrise Blvd
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670

The group from San Jose should arrive at the K Mart at approximately 9:00am, and we will leave as a group at 9:30am. AED is another 30 minutes on 50 East, so we will get there around 10am. I will provide printed instructions detailing the route (and my cell number) to all those in San Jose that morning, in case anyone gets separated, etc.

PAYMENT: PLEASE PM ME IF YOU PLAN TO PUT YOUR CAR ON THE DYNO. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join on the cruise, but I need to get a final count of those dynoing to determine how much it will cost everyone. Regardless, I will distribute the $500 charge among everyone who puts their car on the dyno (NOT to exceed $50), so we should have a definite price as we get closer... PLEASE bring a check or cash to the Dyno Day to reimburse me.

LUNCH: You are responsible for coordinating your own lunch! I know AED fired up their bbq at least once in the past, but it turns out they actually lost money, so they want to stick to their core competency- building and tuning the fastest cars in Northern California! There are a few restaurants around, but nothing very close by so I would bring a sack lunch unless you can wait to eat on your way home.

RACE FUEL: AED has 104 race gas on hand for $10/gallon (5 gallon containers), but please PM me by 8 March if you want to run race fuel. I just want to make sure AED has enough on hand should a lot of people decide they want it.

MISCELLANEOUS:

-GAS. Make sure to show up to the San Jose meeting place (Wingstop) with enough gas to allow you to drive 155 miles to AED. The whole group will not be able to stop if one person runs low. I’m not planning to run race gas, so I am going to fill up the night before.

-TUNERS. If you utilize an SCT handheld tuner, bring it along. I’m not certain if you’ll need it, but bring it just in case.

-WEATHER. Hopefully the weather will work out. If it doesn't we'll have to reschedule.

Here is the current list of those committed to putting their car on the rollers:

68gtscode
TOXCVNM
TOXCVNM's friend (Honda)
04cobra408
super-six
me32
me32's friend (Kellen)
rozwell911
Sptvenm
EVLSONC
SactoLightning
JenzBad500
iceman302 (Pontiac)
iceman302's friend (Pontiac)
Brock T

Last edited:

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
I'm gonna see who I can round up and let you know if my crew can make it :beer:

68gtscode

Established Member
I'm gonna see who I can round up and let you know if my crew can make it :beer:

Sounds great, hope you guys can make it!

How many pulls do you get?

2 to 3, depending on the final number of people join. I think we can stick with 3 pulls each until we hit around 15+ cars, then we'll probably need to move to 2 pulls... Drew will probably make the final decision that day.

All pulls include A/F.

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
Looks like I will probably be going. I'll give you a better head count on who will be coming with me tomorrow.

Anyone maybe interested in hitting up the track Saturday and staying the night out there?

1raresnake

Established Member
Ill try to make it. Ill probably try to get a pull or 2 maybe idk. First i gotta get this car going before anything lol

68gtscode

Established Member
Anyone maybe interested in hitting up the track Saturday and staying the night out there?

I'm not aware of anyone going to the track the night before, but it's not a bad idea if you can find other interested folks. I hope you attend the dyno day regardless.

Ill try to make it. Ill probably try to get a pull or 2 maybe idk. First i gotta get this car going before anything lol

Good luck getting the car back on the road. If you attend I'll probably pick your brain about your IRS.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I might go as well just kick it and see some cars.. but it all depends on funds $...

68gtscode

Established Member
yea me too, if i were to go how much do i have to pay to put my car on the dyno??

If you join, that would make 13 for the dyno, which would cost everyone $38.46. This assumes everyone who has committed shows up, but I have no reason to think anyone won't make it. It will get even cheaper if more people decide to join this week.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
oh ok cool.. yea I never saw how much my race tune made, and I'd like to see what my motor makes now that everything is broken in and I don't have a messed up tranny and clutch, and an alumunim flywheel..

68gtscode

Established Member
oh ok cool.. yea I never saw how much my race tune made, and I'd like to see what my motor makes now that everything is broken in and I don't have a messed up tranny and clutch, and an alumunim flywheel..

Nice, this would be a great opportunity to see what it makes with the new combo. Drew has plenty of 104 ready too... just make sure you have cash to pay him if you need it! Let us know if you decide you want to put your car on the roller!

Users who are viewing this thread