AED Cobra Knocks Down Ferrari 430 on Peninsula

68gtscode

Established Member
I thought this kill worthy of posting for the local CA folks... I pulled my 03 Cobra out of the garage tonight and headed up 280 north in search of adventure. I had a nice leisurely drive up the 280, and turned around at HWY 92 to come back down south. I exited at Sand Hill and drove east towards Stanford hospital, where I work. It seemed I was catching just about every red light, one of which I was the first car in the left lane. As I was waiting for the light to change, a Ferrari 430 pulled a left directly in front of me. Luckily the light turned green shortly after, so I turned up the wick to catch up and pulled up beside the 430 who was now in the right lane. We were rolling about 40 with no immediate traffic or lights in front of us. Late 40s to early 50s male driver. He didn't take much coaxing at all, and we were off...

He got the jump on me by a few feet but not too bad. In hindsight I could have got more out of it by starting in 2nd, but I started in 3rd. We were pretty even for the first few seconds, but I started to pull on him- not too fast, but definitely started pulling ahead. My initial thought was the 430 was really fast... I didn't know what to expect, but I do admit the Ferrari it was no slouch. The situation got worse for him as RPMs increased, and I was a solid 3/4ths to 1 car in front of him by the time we had to shut down- we were running up on very slow moving traffic by Stanford Shopping Center. I'm not sure exactly how fast we got, but somewhere around 100. So, it was not night-and-day, but I definitely got the win- some hurt feelings but no uncertainty tonight.

I rolled my passenger window down once we slowed down to acknowledge his auto and give him thumbs up, but he wouldn't even look over- stone walled me. A few seconds later he turned right off of Sand Hill into the Stanford Shopping Center, I kept on towards home to return my beloved Cobra to its home in the garage.

My Cobra only has 5K miles on it total, I've only put about 1,500 miles in the 3 years I've owned it... So I don't have much seat time in it as you can guess. The car has now gone 4/0, with this being my best win to date.

Matt

Last edited:

snakezilla

Established Member
I still dont see how you dont drive it, its a sick car, It would be like a itch I cant scratch for me not to drive it. Its the fastes cobra I have ever been took a ride in. thanks for the ride and I hope to see it again soon and take another ride in it.

68gtscode

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words all, much appreciated. It's a 2.3 Gen II Whipple car, modded and tuned by Drew and Shaun at AED... I was on my lazy low-boost (91 octane) tune.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Congrats Matt on the kill.. I feel you about parkign the Cobra. I havent taken mine out in a few weeks.

68gtscode

Established Member
Congrats Matt on the kill.. I feel you about parkign the Cobra. I havent taken mine out in a few weeks.

Thanks Craig, your Cobra would have made shorter work of him than mine. I was lucky to have crossed paths with the Ferrari while driving my Cobra since its in the garage most of the time. I did run up on a Gallardo a few months back on the 280, but I couldn't get him to play dispite my best efforts!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Congrats Matt, I need to come get that smog pipe next week... :banana:

68gtscode

Established Member
Congrats Matt, I need to come get that smog pipe next week... :banana:

Thanks Matt, come get it this weekend if possible- I'm going out of town early Monday morning and won't be back until the next Monday afternoon. Send me a PM or give a call whenever you can.

Matt

68gtscode

Established Member
Nice kill Matt! Was his car dark blue? If, so I raped him too

Thanks! Mine was bright red, but good to know there are at least two 430 owners in the local area who have been beat by Terminators! I see you split your time between here an New Orleans? I went to college there years ago and love it. I was in Lake Charles last week but unfortunately wasn't able to get back to NO.

Jockcobra