Advise on having a car shipped.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I would recommend Reliable, based on reputation, and United Routes, based on personal experience. Both provide different types of transport options, including enclosed trailers.

United Routes was a couple hundred less than Reliable. Communication and flexibility for pick-up/delivery was excellent and delivery was ahead of schedule.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Reliable is good but expensive. I recommend intercity lines. They are affordable but still do the "White glove treatment". Or you can do what i did and use a broker who subs the load out to whoever wants it and pray to god it actually shows up.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Don't use a broker (I know this industry), You'll be taking a chance of a guy showing up with a f150 and a Uhaul trailer, Pay the money and go with a big company

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I always use a broker "many times"and have never had an issue. It really depends on how nice the vehicle is. It would take a very special car for me to go with an enclosed trailer.

zcs626

Established Member
I shipped my cobra with Montway (broker) via an enclosed trailer.

It was on time, undamaged and was in the back of a load of 5 other Mercedes.

Experience was nerve racking for the first time , and communication was decent for a broker.

Reliable and Intercity Lines were not options for my route when I called them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
As stated, depends on route requested. Call around to check, but if you're going to have it shipped, spend the money for a quality company. Intercity and reliable would be my Go - To's.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
As stated, depends on route requested. Call around to check, but if you're going to have it shipped, spend the money for a quality company. Intercity and reliable would be my Go - To's.
This likely be the two I contact. If it's nicer weather when I find something I may either drive there and trailer it back or fly in and drive it home.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I’ve shipped my car across country 3 times. Used Montway (broker) twice. Good experience in both cases. It is true when you use a broker; sometimes you will get an 18 wheeler and your car is just one of many, or it might be a guy with a F-350 and a trailer. The 18 wheeler tends to be cheaper from my experience. Just hope the cars above yours are not leaking any fluids.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I have used Intercity, Passport, go2, Reliable, Swift, and generic (and others I cant remember). My 1st call is now exclusively Reliable. I have now shipped with them at least 6 times. Why to not use a broker? Sold a car a few weeks ago, buyer arranged enclosed transport, broker said there were "changes", a 5 car open transporter showed up. Buyer had NO IDEA until I text him a pic. Car did arrive OK at least.

Users who are viewing this thread