advice on buying

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
hey all im looking to trade in my 14 gt mustang for a truck. i went to a dealership today that had a nice 2000 f150 harley davidson with 16k original miles on it, FL car all its life. This is the supercab version non supercharged which is fine and actually what im looking for a N/A V8 truck. It is in great condition with no rips in the leather and has a A.R.E hard cover with a bedrug installed. Tires are new and everything mechanically seems to be in order, ive had 2 lightnings previously and i am familiar with the 5.4 engine. Wanted to know how these trucks have been holding up for you guys that own them and if theres anything in paticular that i need to pay attention to or watch out for. The truck appears to be all stock minus the cover and bedrug. I will be driving across the country to WA soon so whatever i buy will need to make a 3000 mile road trip in 3-4 days shortly after purchase. Im on the fence about selling my mustang but need a more practical vehicle for the next few years up in WA. any advice on longevity and issues?

Dusten

Established Member
Why do you think a 2wd truck is any more practical than a mustang? We don't get snow over here on this side of the state very often, if at all.

As for the truck, with 16k I wouldn't sweat much. Have a private shop look it over, and be happy with it.

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
Why do you think a 2wd truck is any more practical than a mustang? We don't get snow over here on this side of the state very often, if at all.

As for the truck, with 16k I wouldn't sweat much. Have a private shop look it over, and be happy with it.

Hardtop bedcover, bedrug, more backseat space, can use it for truck things, lol. thats how i see it more practical for living up north for a few short years.

Its fine they wanted too much for it, wouldnt back down from 18,900 and im not looking to spend that much on a 16 year old truck, back to looking.

Dusten

Established Member
The 00 is an ex cab, the back seat isn't that big. I agree your reason make sense, but don't ditch the mustang just because you're moving here.
This isn't really up north.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Hardtop bedcover, bedrug, more backseat space, can use it for truck things, lol. thats how i see it more practical for living up north for a few short years.

Its fine they wanted too much for it, wouldnt back down from 18,900 and im not looking to spend that much on a 16 year old truck, back to looking.

$18900?? thats nuts. sure its low mileage but for a non s/c HD? no thanks.

that would be like paying $18900 for an 01 cobra instead of just getting a terminator.

Users who are viewing this thread