Adjusting Headlights?

bmxer53087

Who Knows...?
Established Member
Anyone know how to adjust the headlights... Mine are not lever and I tried playing around under the hood, but nothing seemed to work?

Can someone maybe post and explain with a pic or 2?

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Ok, you need a hammer, chainsaw, bowling ball, and a tennis racket,
Tell me when you get all that together.

BTW: I have never had to do it so im not sure, take a long look im sure you can figure it out...

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
How do you mean level? Like people are telling you that the lights are all out of wack or is it literally messed up. Because most of the headlights I ever see on stangs aren't usually even. :shrug:

Last edited:

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
They are not supposed to be level. The left one will be aimed at the street adn the right one will be amied a little to the right and higher up.

Just take it to a dealer and ask them to have a look at it. they should have a machine that does all that for you.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I was told to adjust the lights the Allen screw adjusters are located to back of the light mount if you are looking from above. One adjusts up and down while the other adjust side to side. If I'm wrong don't blame me. There, I think I have all my Internet bases covered.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
Not sure about your GT but my Cobra owner's manual has instructions in the back on how to adjust the headlights. It shows how to draw the lines on wall and everything.

bmxer53087

Who Knows...?
Established Member
Thanks I think one of my lights is broken because I can just sit there and turn the adjustment screw and it doesnt do anything

Users who are viewing this thread