Adjustable pivot ball how to?

JDUB348

Established Member
I've tried doing a search and cannot come up with the answer. What is the correct way to set an adjustable pivot ball? My new clutch setup is Tremec 26 spline input, McLeod RXT, McLeod flywheel, McLeod retainer sleeve/throw out bearing, MM firewall a adjuster/cable/quadrant.

oldmodman

Established Member
Most clutches come with a spec sheet that will tell you how much free play there should be between the throw out bearing and the clutch fingers.

You adjust the pivot ball in or out to get that specified measurement.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I am planning on running my stock pivot ball since quit a few has had luck with them. I'm in to see what you here though just incase it doesn't work out to well for me.

SxyMuffinSnake

Established Member
Just did this but I have a ram flywheel. My stock pivot ball was way to big and had to use the adjustable. Each time you make an adjustment you have to remove the trans. I took mine off 13 times. But I found that if I got 4 or 5 6-8 inch studs and I could just slide the tranny back and forth, keeping the driveshaft still connected the entire time.

I found I had to screw my pivot ball almost all the way in and actually hammer the fork into place cause it was so tight, just to get my clutch to a point where it would fully engage.

Users who are viewing this thread