Adjustable Clutch Quadrant - Turn in or out ? What does What ?

nitrojunk

Established Member
Hey guys, I have read different suggestions as to what does what when you turn the nut in or out .. Can someone please explain ?

Which tightens the cable and which way loosens ?

Also effects of each ? Which makes it hard to get into gear sometimes? Loose cable ?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Turn in- loosen cable
Turn out- tighten cable

A loose cable can cause hard shifting issues as the clutch won't be fully disengaged from the engine.

A tight cable can cause a slipping clutch as it won't allow the clutch to fully engage.

The goal is to find the sweet spot with just enough free play at the first push to allow the clutch to engage fully, but not so much it makes it hard to shift. I only have a quarter inch or so of free play, but I'm running a pedal adjuster as well.

nitrojunk

Established Member
also how are you guys turning them ? by hand? Seems really hard to do that ...and are you supposed to hold that star looking piece so it doesn't turn, when your turning the nut ?

03venomdsg

Established Member
also how are you guys turning them ? by hand? Seems really hard to do that ...and are you supposed to hold that star looking piece so it doesn't turn, when your turning the nut ?
Most have a locking set screw might need to loosen that first.

Users who are viewing this thread