Adding satelite radio

FKing1

Established Member
Anyone added satelite radio to their Boss?
Manual says the radio is satelite capable and Ford Dealer wants $550 to install a kit to recieve Sirius.
Mickey Shorr $350 and Best Buy only has an add on tuner that looks like a Smart Phone.

Last edited:

Boss3209

Established Member
I went with the original Ford factory Sirius box and had it installed by a local radio shop for $400.00. There are other options out there but I wanted to keep it as factory as possible so it was plug and play. That way IF there were any issues, it would be easier to deal with so they couldn't say instantly it was the aftermarket Sirius radio.

dc3843

Established Member
Can anyone tell me where I get the ford stuff for my boss or give me some part numbers? I just left a ford dealer who didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I miss my sirius. :(

LS Boss

Established Member

rickmaura@embar

Beemer
Established Member
I used an old XM receiver I had and it is installed in the rear compartment of the consule. The audio plugs into the aux and the power into the lighter outlet. You control the channels from inside the consule, and the volume is controled from the radio that is set at aux. These units cost almost nothing. You also can choose either XM or Serius based on the kind of receiver chosen. I installed the antenna on the leading edge of the trunk.

Users who are viewing this thread