Adding a auxiliary jack to stock Mach 460

98Vobra

Established Member
Can anyone tell me if I can easily add an auxiliary jack to my stock Mach 460 and do it cheep? I would think you could some how splice into the cd player wires and it would pick up the signal from my phone or Ipod when it was on just like the cd player.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Steve

SVTContique

It cant really be done.

Easiest bet is to just get an aftermarket deck.

Or do what i did and get a cassette deck thing with an audio input like what they use for XM radio and just use that... its direct audio, it plays through a cassette but its clear as a CD.

1989Gt.

Banned
Can anyone tell me if I can easily add an auxiliary jack to my stock Mach 460 and do it cheep? I would think you could some how splice into the cd player wires and it would pick up the signal from my phone or Ipod when it was on just like the cd player.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Steve

No.

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
you can go to best buy, or any store that sells drop down video monitors for cars and ask for a FM modulator (make sure it is a wired and not wireless) these will have a power, ground, and antenna wire, and audio inputs. just by an auxilliary cable and plug it into the audio input ports on the fm modulator. then wire in the switched 12v and ground and simlply unplug your antenna from the radio and plug it into the fm modulator and then the fm modulator back into the radio. Then to listen to an ipod or whatever you just turn the radio to like 88.9 or whatever you program it to and then tun the modulator on. once the modulator is on it blocks all other stations so you will have no static. its the best and cheapest way to do this without an aftermarket radio

projectslideway

Established Member
Ford also makes TripTunes...it plugs into the antenna behind the stereo, hookup power and ground and you can listen to your phone or whatever

I use trip tunes in my mustang. I used to work at the Ford dealer and installed it on MANY customer vehicles. Never a problem.

96dreamer

Established Member
you can go to best buy, or any store that sells drop down video monitors for cars and ask for a FM modulator (make sure it is a wired and not wireless) these will have a power, ground, and antenna wire, and audio inputs. just by an auxilliary cable and plug it into the audio input ports on the fm modulator. then wire in the switched 12v and ground and simlply unplug your antenna from the radio and plug it into the fm modulator and then the fm modulator back into the radio. Then to listen to an ipod or whatever you just turn the radio to like 88.9 or whatever you program it to and then tun the modulator on. once the modulator is on it blocks all other stations so you will have no static. its the best and cheapest way to do this without an aftermarket radio
i did this to my dd cavalier a friends 2000 gt and another friends jetta gli. accept i didn't get one from best buy cause they'll rape you on price, i just ebayed fm modulater and got the cheapest they had, boss audio. wired it in about 30 minutes per car.

98Vobra

Established Member
Thanks guys, I knew about the fm modulator but didint know if you guys had another little trick.

I know this is old but I just remembered I posted it lol

Thanks again

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread