Added the full Shelby/Kicker sound system to my Shaker 500 car...

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
And wow! For the cash outlay and simple install, it's a home run!

I found this kit for almost half price from Shelby American on Ebay for $699 and jumped on it.

The kit consists of:
6x8's for upper door
8" woofer for lower door
6x8's for rear deck
46wx4 rms amp to power the 6x8's
Powered 10" sub (200w rms)

All plug n play. Again, for the cash outlay or even at full price ($1299/$1399), if you aren't the handiest guy, the plug n play feature is a nice option. It had me doing things I had never done before, it was no problem in the end.
20181214_140916.jpeg
20181214_145524.jpeg
20181214_145536.jpeg

nyuk98GT

Established Member
11Sec_Lx,

Thanks for posting about your update and the good shopping advice (ebay). I never think to look on ebay, lol.

How long did it take to install all that kit? What is the most difficult part of the installation?

Upgrading the sound system is on my to-do list so I appreciate any additional info.

Chris

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Hey Chris. I'm embarrassed to say how many hours I have in it. Ha ha. Quite a few. I'm not a natural at wrenching and this was my first work of any kind to the interior, so I went slow. I watched YouTube videos and that made things allot easier. American Muscle has a good install video that I followed.

The most time consuming was maybe the door install. The most difficult was probably getting the amp mounted under the glove box. Just took some patience.

I agree, I usually forget Ebay as well.

If there's anything else I can answer, let me know.

Thanks...

nyuk98GT

Established Member
11Sec_Lx,

Thank you very much the speedy reply. I think we went to the same wrenching school, amigo.

In addition to my not being mindful of ebay, I didn't think to look on YouTube. Duh. I will hop over there and see what I can find.

Thanks again for the info. Enjoy the improved audio in your Mustang!

Chris

p.s.--Happy New Year (a little early).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, YouTube is full of helpful "how to" videos for all sorts of installations. Man, you got one heck of a deal on that equipment. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread