Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
2F788BED-927E-473D-BA11-AB552BFB6225.jpeg
Let’s see how this one develops...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It seems crazy to me that a military base of all places, our armed forces, doesnt actually have people armed to shoot back.

Anyone remember trying to steal the Apache in GTA3 Vice City and failing hard, getting engaged by like 100 army guys as soon as you stepped foot on base? I always thought military bases of all things were just packed with people carrying everywhere they went on base. Guess not.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
It seems crazy to me that a military base of all places, our armed forces, doesnt actually have people armed to shoot back.

Anyone remember trying to steal the Apache in GTA3 Vice City and failing hard, getting engaged by like 100 army guys as soon as you stepped foot on base? I always thought military bases of all things were just packed with people carrying everywhere they went on base. Guess not.

Well, military bases are Federal property which means there are likely fewer people armed at any given time or place since the only people that can legally carry a firearm would be military police.

You're more likely to have a random citizen armed at a Walmart than on base, imo.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

SAN ANTONIO
– Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland is on lockdown Wednesday afternoon after two people fired shots toward the base.

Authorities with JBSA-Lackland said the two people were off-base when they opened fire near the Valley Hi gate. They then fled the scene on foot.

“JBSA emergency responders are working with the San Antonio Police Department to clear the area and search for the shooters,” authorities said.

There is not an active shooter at the base and no hits have been confirmed. JBSA said there were trainees in the area of the shooting, but no injuries have been reported.

The base is still on lockdown, authorities said just before 1:30 p.m.

At around 12:30 p.m., Joint Base San Antonio told personnel that they should take immediate cover.

“Active Shooter warning for all JBSA-Lackland personnel,” JBSA stated in a tweet. “All base personnel implement LOCKDOWN procedures immediately and take cover. Real World LOCKDOWN, LOCKDOWN, LOCKDOWN.”

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Well, military bases are Federal property which means there are likely fewer people armed at any given time or place since the only people that can legally carry a firearm would be military police.

You're more likely to have a random citizen armed at a Walmart than on base, imo.

That's crazy to me.

MG0h3

Established Member
That's crazy to me.

Yep. The guys working the gate checkpoints in full uniform are unarmed. Sometimes there are MPs and sometimes security contractors that are armed.

MIl working border ops are very rarely armed. Seen a few with M4s but no magazine. I recall a few ads at the clearing barrel back in the day lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

Depending on the base, there is a good amount of armed response. I don't think it's particularly difficult to get a weapon on base, but God help you if you get caught with one....

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Authorities with JBSA-Lackland said the two people were off-base when they opened fire near the Valley Hi gate. They then fled the scene on foot.

What in the Democrat type of thinking is that? Shoot at MFers on a military base then run away on foot?

Bahahahahahahahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread