Actions have consequences in Colorado?

Driver500

Established Member
Colorado family being evicted over stolen shoes | Fox News

A low-income family in Grand Junction is facing eviction after a 13-year-old boy stole a pair of shoes from a department store.

Tanya Abbey, a single mother, says she and her family won't be home for Christmas after her teenage son got caught shoplifting a pair of shoes because his shoes were worn out and his feet were cold.

"My shoes were getting warn out, it was getting cold and my feet were getting cold," Oran, the teenage boy, told KJCT-TV.

The manager of Garden Village apartments tells KJCT-TV any criminal activity on or near the property is grounds for immediate eviction.

The boy says he didn't realize his actions would put his entire family at risk. The mother and her three children are hoping they can find room at the Homeward Bound homeless shelter by Christmas.

"I thought it would just affect me, I had no idea it would affect my mom or my brother and sister. I feel like if they should be kicking anyone out it should be me," Oran told the station.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I thought it was illegal to evict people during the winter? Maybe that's just Montana.

how about getting a job and working for a living and buying shoes. worthless people.

Uh Kris, did you miss the part where it said they were low income (meaning they have one) and that the boy was 13?

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Too bad we didnt have a George Z around this time

Sent with my over sized Johnson

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
how about getting a job and working for a living and buying shoes. worthless people.

The kid is 13 and nowhere in the article did the mother condone or justify what the kid did. I know I sure made worse mistakes at the age of 13 that didn't result in me losing my home.

Juiced 66

Established Member
Eh.. Let the family stay, lock the kid up for 6 months and feed him bread and water only. I know he's only 13,but he's old enough to know right from wrong. There's no excuse.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
low income doesnt necessarily mean having a job. theres SSI, disability, welfare...you name it. not too long ago, a customer of mine was wanting to buy a more expensive car, right now their payments are 225. what they wanted would have put them at 450 monthly. their total monthly obama income was just over 700. its a disability check from something that has to do with being a slow learner...i asked her why dont she just go find a job and she could double her income and afford something better....she responds " a job? me? thats too much like work. I would lose my benefits." shit like this just gets me.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
low income doesnt necessarily mean having a job. theres SSI, disability, welfare...you name it. not too long ago, a customer of mine was wanting to buy a more expensive car, right now their payments are 225. what they wanted would have put them at 450 monthly. their total monthly obama income was just over 700. its a disability check from something that has to do with being a slow learner...i asked her why dont she just go find a job and she could double her income and afford something better....she responds " a job? me? thats too much like work. I would lose my benefits." shit like this just gets me.

Molly and I are low income on my $30k a year because we have 3 kids. We still get along fine without welfare. Maybe the kid just wanted to steal himself a nice pair of kicks and made up an excuse.

The article made no mention of how much money the lady made but you're assuming she's a deadbeat. You just don't know.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
30 k is good in this area.

i agree...the kid just wanted to steal. shit, go to goodwill and buy shoes for 2.00

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
She looks like a deadbeat to me. And is going to raise at least 1 more it looks like, more likely 2 or 3 or 4. Idiots are reproducing faster than the smart people.

I was making money since I was 8, it shouldn't be that hard to find some kind work at 13. He must get his work ethic from his mom.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
She looks like a deadbeat to me. And is going to raise at least 1 more it looks like, more likely 2 or 3 or 4. Idiots are reproducing faster than the smart people.

I was making money since I was 8, it shouldn't be that hard to find some kind work at 13. He must get his work ethic from his mom.

How can you pinpoint what a deadbeat looks like? You have no idea what her background is like. Maybe she was married and the father left her to support all the kids on her own? Maybe not, but god damn some of you people are judgmental.

You were making money at the age of 8 huh? Could you afford shoes when you were 13? I sure as hell couldn't and I worked for neighbors shoveling their sidewalks and for my parents at their machine shop. If the kid was 17 then yeah, he should have been out working. But at 13 he's not even old enough to get a job. If they live in low income housing do you really think the neighbors have the money to pay him to do things like shovel?

SVTPete83

Established Member
I have had random jobs since I was nine. I also had paper route for four years from the age of 9 to 13. I am pretty sure you can find a job if you want a pair of shoes that badly.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I'm glad the landlord is sticking to their policy. I grew up single parent and had very little spare money. It taught me to bust my ass and work, not steal what I want.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Product of your environment... no sympathy here. Mom shares the blame as she is responsible for her kid's actions until he is 18.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Family gets kicked out in the cold for the holidays | News - Home

You watched the video? There are certain mannerisms that I find go hand in hand with other qualities. I see some of them in her. The hand tattoos, gaunt face and not all the teeth being present doesn't help either, maybe a little drug use too? To think she's a good hardworking person down on her luck would be very unlikely imo.

You were shoveling and working at a machine shop and didn't make enough to buy a pair of shoes? What did you do with the money you made? I won't pretend I grew up piss poor, broke yes. My parents would not go for an allowance so at the first opportunity I got a lawn to mow when I was 8. I was making enough money to buy a pair of shoes when I was 13. I bought a car when I was 14. By then I was still mowing that first lawn and doing pre-fab for a contractor on a Saturday or Sunday or both.

How can you pinpoint what a deadbeat looks like? You have no idea what her background is like. Maybe she was married and the father left her to support all the kids on her own? Maybe not, but god damn some of you people are judgmental.

You were making money at the age of 8 huh? Could you afford shoes when you were 13? I sure as hell couldn't and I worked for neighbors shoveling their sidewalks and for my parents at their machine shop. If the kid was 17 then yeah, he should have been out working. But at 13 he's not even old enough to get a job. If they live in low income housing do you really think the neighbors have the money to pay him to do things like shovel?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread