Accusump Set-up

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I am working on my oil set-up for my new motor and trying to determine what valve is needed for the Accusump. From what I have found I believe the EPC is needed, but at what pressure range?

predator

Established Member
EPC valve would be the one you want. Since you have to pick a pressure range I decided to use one that would kick the accusump in when oil pressure falls below idle pressure......whatever that is? Still need to get running to figure that out, but maybe experience better than my feeble logic will chime in here. :banana:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I just talked to them and they recommend the E.P.C. with a discharge range of 35-40 PSI for our application.

predator

Established Member
I believe that is the same that I currently have. Do you currently have an oil pressure guage? I was not sure if that was anywhere close to what the normal idle pressure was to be the absolute minimum.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
predator said:
I believe that is the same that I currently have. Do you currently have an oil pressure guage? I was not sure if that was anywhere close to what the normal idle pressure was to be the absolute minimum.

I don't know what the normal pressure range is. I know the stock pressure gauge is an on/off switch at 5 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread