Accusump Mount

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Where are you guys putting your Accusumps? I have the 3qt model and it is huge. I am going to pull the driver wheel off and see if it will fit behind the plastic wheel well liner or is there a better place? I think the farther back behind the front axle I can mount it the better.

Last edited:

2Mystic

Established Member
Accusump

If your keeping the AC, put the Accusump in the trunk with the electric valve in the engine compartment next to your (external) oil cooler. If the AC is gone, you can put it in front of your (oversized) radiator.

As far as I know you can't post pictures on this site, so email me and I will send you pictures of mine mounted in both locations. ( [email protected] )

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I am currently planning on keeping the A/C, but not exactly sure why since I never use it anyways. That is my other issue currently where to mount an external cooler as the stock cooler is gone. I sent you an email.

kevin

i have my 3qt mounted behind the front bumper. there is a space there where it won't interfere with air flow. this makes it closer to the engine should the engine need a quick squirt (less disntance to the engine). some have questioned the wisdom of this since it adds more weight to the front end. however, i would rather have it close to the engine and have the weight there than farther away and the distance be so long as to even monmentarily starve the engine of oil.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Kevin,
The 03/04 Cobra is pretty tight up front with the addition of a intercooler, the oversize radiator probly only would make it worse.

Brian

2Mystic

Established Member
"...this makes it closer to the engine should the engine need a quick squirt (less disntance to the engine..."

If you put the electric valve in the engine compartment then the line to the accusump is pressurized and distance is not a factor.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Cobra-R said:
Kevin,
The 03/04 Cobra is pretty tight up front with the addition of a intercooler, the oversize radiator probly only would make it worse.

Brian

I don't see the heat exchanger being a problem as much as the A/C core. If I was to remove the A/C core I am sure it would fit.

Cobra-R

Established Member
On my 01 Cobra I had the Accusump in front of the radiator/condensor below the front fascia, basically in the area of the intercooler is on your 03. When I had the 03 I looked at it and it didn't look like the accusmp would fit with the intercooler in there. We must be talking about different mounting points or my memory is failing? I will look and see if I can find a pic.

Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
This is the best pic I can find. It is potentially vulnerable under there, but in two years of running it on the track and street, I never had a problem.

Brian

Last edited:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Cobra-R said:
On my 01 Cobra I had the Accusump in front of the radiator/condensor below the front fascia, basically in the area of the intercooler is on your 03. When I had the 03 I looked at it and it didn't look like the accusmp would fit with the intercooler in there. We must be talking about different mounting points or my memory is failing? I will look and see if I can find a pic.

Brian

I believe Kevin has it behind the bumper support and in front of the radiator. It won't fit due to the A/C core in the 03 unless I remove it which I am debating on for a couple reasons. I wouldn't feel comfortable where you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread