Accufab TB

DEVIL

Established Member
I was wondering how many of you run the big oval on a stock eaton, and if it is good for any gains performance wise. I have heard it is food for throttle responce, but no real gains otherwise.

VoodooSNK

Established Member
You'd probably see more gains with an aftermarket blower. I think I've read that a ported stock TB/Plenum is just as good on an eaton.

Hypr2003SVT

Established Member
I personally will be getting a accufab TB on my stock eaton. I still have my warranty and a cool dealership that wont rat on my for moderate upgrades. If your not worried about warranty but want serious power for your $$, get ported eaton and slap a TB on that pig.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
i got my tb when installed pulley and tune, so who knows how much it gave me, i hope a couple hundred lol

DEVIL

Established Member
Well, I just did the install, and no idle problem, 750rpm. Did a road test, and this baby is sesitive to a heavy foot, but it does seem to have more balls now, just have to wait for some warmer temps, and dry roads. I really like the improved throttle response, just need to watch it in the corners, especially on these wet, cold roads. Sumitomo HTRZ II's are good tires, but best in warm and dry conditions, so I will have to wait a couple of months to hit it hard! Might do a pulley and tune next, just depends on the bank account.

Hypr2003SVT

Established Member
I just retired my Kumho ASX tires (30,000 mile warranty) they are great in the rain and run arround $125 a peice..Should invest in these if you drive your car during the winter season..

Duran

Matador
Established Member
I have a accufab single blade on my KB setup. The throttle response is better and very sensitive compared to stock. Single blades are good for high boost applications, like 20psi and more. High boost levels where you need more air flow to make the boost is where the accufab throttle body comes to play.

Users who are viewing this thread