Accufab SB Throttle Cable

ITSTOCK

Established Member
This might be a stupid question, but before I order it, does the Accufab use the same throttle cable as stock? And also, this is for use with the whipple.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
No problem. Hopefully the new ones have the cruise control placement fixed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

stangfreak

Established Member
I remember you from back in the day. Im sure you remember the accufab problems we all had. Especially the short throttle feel. Heck, even my friend that owned a z06, a totally different car said my throttle felt shorter and it didnt feel right. so it wasn't my imagination. Plus so many more people had the same thing.

A member on here even made a little kit to fix the issues with the accufabs. The throttle cam was designed for the 00R. so if you notice, the cable will jump off the cam or not full contact with it through out the acceleration. But it does use the same cable. You will also notice the pedal will feel lower.

I personally dont like the accufab. Its a shame doug from billetflow doesnt make the gen 2 throttle bodies. I have one and its damn identical to stock. The throttle cam, return spring, the height of the throttle cam was all changed to mimic the OEM ford one. even the shape of the throttle cam. FACTS.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I have actually been pretty happy with it over the last year, the problem is that when I took the blower off to replace the intercooler I had the throttle cable pulled way out of the way and it apparently stretched it out. It definitely has a shorter throttle feel, but it's pretty much a track only car so it is not an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread