Acceptable fuel trim bank readings

Lycosa

Established Member
What acceptable fun long term and short term readings for a pullied cobra. I don't have the sct prp an am only looking at the handheld.

Mach828

Established Member
You need to download livelink as you can't get the info you need to tune just from looking at the handheld. Long term fuel trims should be 1.0 because they shouldn't be making any changes (no adaptive learning).

STFT under 5% (.95-1.05)

Last edited:

Lycosa

Established Member
You need to download livelink as you can't get the info you need to tune just from looking at the handheld. Long term fuel trims should be 1.0 because they shouldn't be making any changes (no adaptive learning).

STFT under 5% (.95-1.05)

That's what they are at. I noticed at wot the STFT was .85. Is that alright?

Jon82387

Established Member
That's what they are at. I noticed at wot the STFT was .85. Is that alright?
Once the car reaches certain load tables the STFT will go to whatever the a/f is set for at WOT. In your case your WOT fuel is set for .85 or (stoich setting x .85) if your stoich in the tune is set to 14.7 your WOT A/F should be reading around 12.49 which seems a little lean maybe....

Do you have a wideband to verify your A/F?

Lycosa

Established Member
Once the car reaches certain load tables the STFT will go to whatever the a/f is set for at WOT. In your case your WOT fuel is set for .85 or (stoich setting x .85) if your stoich in the tune is set to 14.7 your WOT A/F should be reading around 12.49 which seems a little lean maybe....

Do you have a wideband to verify your A/F?
Currently don't have a wideband but the next thing I get will be one. That's why I made the post. Just wanted to make sure things are all good. I have an 03 cobra so 12.49 would be lean. I had to get it tuned when I bought it because it was running lean.

Last edited:

Mach828

Established Member
I must have misread the 5. It was reading .82 not .85.
Thought you had the software. But no .82 is not acceptable for cruising and idle. Should be with 5% of 1.0 otherwise get it retuned because it needs work.

Users who are viewing this thread