AC Line PN's?

jman37

Established Member
My buddy recharged my AC for me a week ago and after a long drive on Saturday it seemed to get warmer and warmer. Come to find out it's leaking at the high and low side valves. I'm glad it's not the compressor or condenser. However I can't seem to find any PN's for both of those lines. It looks like LMR has the high side, but it's not in stock.

The "proper" term is the condenser to compressor and the evap core to compressor lines. I don't care if they're Motorcraft or not, just looking for a place that would have them in stock and not crazy priced.

mvk13

oooohhhhh Shiny!
Established Member
I got mine from AutoZone 5 years ago. They had them in stock, and I think they were 119 & 74. I live in AZ and they are still going strong.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if its the valves themselves you can buy the tools and replacement needle valves way cheaper than new lines. Still gotta evac the sytem

96dreamer

Established Member
I just replaced the valves themselves in my car last week. I had aftermarket ones in there for a while but the rubber seal in there was a lot softer than factory I guess. First time I hooked gauges up to them the rubber tore then I couldn't do anything. I guess the rubber seal in the factory ones is a little firmer or something. I called the dealership local to my house and got both for less than $20 the next day.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
I think everything for the ac hoses is discontinued from 1996-1999.

Some stuff is still made aftermarket, others are not.

I replaced all my ac lines with 2000-2001+ hoses and compressor manifold.

Try Rock Auto.
I have a post with the entire list somewhere.

jman37

Established Member
Thanks guys. I didn't know you could just replace the valves, they don't look like they can be separated? Fortunately, or unfortunately I guess depending how you look at it, I was able to score NOS ones off eBay. I ended up calling the local dealer and they gave me the Motorcraft PN's. I had searched the local auto parts stores and they all came up as not being a direct fit so I kept passing on them. Rockauto only had one of the lines, but it looked really cheesy.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys. I didn't know you could just replace the valves, they don't look like they can be separated? Fortunately, or unfortunately I guess depending how you look at it, I was able to score NOS ones off eBay. I ended up calling the local dealer and they gave me the Motorcraft PN's. I had searched the local auto parts stores and they all came up as not being a direct fit so I kept passing on them. Rockauto only had one of the lines, but it looked really cheesy.

good find, the valve stem cores come out just like in a tire but you need a bigger tool

Users who are viewing this thread