AC drain tube?

jman37

Established Member
Been scouring the net and really can't find a definitive answer. But I noticed when I have the ac on my passenger side rug seems to be damp after running it. I've had the car up and don't see anything that looks obvious. Anyone got a pic or something?

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
need to run a flexible cable ,like a speedometer cable , into the drain tube . It may be clogged .
It attaches to the bottom of the.blower box .

shurur

Established Member
need to run a flexible cable ,like a speedometer cable , into the drain tube . It may be clogged .
It attaches to the bottom of the.blower box .

You get at it from under the car at the engine bay firewall near the passenger side header?..right?

When I had my dash and AC box out to replace the evap, I extended mine a bit with a bit of that orange siphon hose...

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
You get at it from under the car at the engine bay firewall near the passenger side header?..right?

When I had my dash and AC box out to replace the evap, I extended mine a bit with a bit of that orange siphon hose...

That is correct . Did you extend it ,by placing the hose inside of the factory drain ? That will cause a blockage for condensation to flow . You can not buck water .

jman37

Established Member
Thanks for the info, I'll have to get under it and try to find the tube and see if its blocked.

Users who are viewing this thread