ABS issue

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
ok, looking been with a abs light or a few months swapped a few modules (used of ebay). changed a modules light still there, set a recent one to a guy on ebay and he stated he fixed a short in the module. He asked if I had a blown fuse I checked all 3 and all ok. anyone had a strange abs short or a weird module issue?

bubblehead93

Established Member
can't say I have, had an abs light, tried everything short of swapping the module, finally ordered a used (but good) abs control module and replaced it... went in and erased the code... don't take the wrong way, but the simple question, have you cleared the abs code... not all readers can do it... but if you have a decent quality one, you need to go in a clear the abs fault code... I have an OTC OBDII scan tool, reads abs and airbags in addition to the normal fault codes that hand held programmer can read...

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
I did with a ford tech's scan tool, I am assuming that when you disconnect the battery for an extended period of time that would also clear the stored abs codes

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
What code are you getting with the ABS light?
Any recent mods where one of the wheel sensors, trigger wheels or wiring could have been damaged?
Seen chafes under the back seat and at all 4 wheels. If you retrieve the code or codes it will help pin point where you go next. If you have no communication with the ABS module then you look for power, ground, network and module issues.

SV

Last edited:

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
update ABS issue fwiw

OK<

finally got it licked the used modules off eBay were all bad, not the sellers fault but probably taken out of wrecked cars. Found a reputable seller BOSCH0004 he rebuilds bad modules for cheap been in for days now and no light.

Users who are viewing this thread