About 70 miles after purchase and seats are showing heavy wear

impactblue

Established Member
Or at least what I would consider heavy wear for a car I picked up last night. Also have a rediculous wheel hop problem but that's a different thread

Will the dealer fix it?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415253814.474295.jpg

RJ13GT

Established Member
That isnt wear. It looks like poorly fitted seat upholstery. If It were mine I wouldnt worry about it. They could put a new one on and it could look worse.

Last edited:

Novakid69

Established Member
Went through the same thing on a new super duty, it looks like loose material IMO. I took my superduty back in and had them replace it.

I would take it in to the dealership

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
That isnt wear. It looks like poorly fitted seat upholstery. If It were mine I wouldnt worry about it. They could put a new one on and it could look worse.

This.

And you get wheelhop during every day driving? I doubt you'll be doing burnouts at every stop sign and traffic light.

impactblue

Established Member
This.

And you get wheelhop during every day driving? I doubt you'll be doing burnouts at every stop sign and traffic light.

Last night there was some rain. Tiniest hint of wheel spin and the car feels like it's going to shake itself to death. The cars passenger side wheels were curbed by a dealership employee and the steering wheel is a little bit to the left while driving. They are fixing the wheels but I'm hoping it's not damaged

Rct851

Established Member
Took delivery of a car with curbed wheels? Ya I hope it's not damaged either

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Or at least what I would consider heavy wear for a car I picked up last night. Also have a rediculous wheel hop problem but that's a different thread

Will the dealer fix it?
Last night there was some rain. Tiniest hint of wheel spin and the car feels like it's going to shake itself to death. The cars passenger side wheels were curbed by a dealership employee and the steering wheel is a little bit to the left while driving. They are fixing the wheels but I'm hoping it's not damaged
Let’s get this seat cover situation addressed, impactblue. Definitely make an appointment with your dealer for all current concerns. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha

impactblue

Established Member
Let’s get this seat cover situation addressed, impactblue. Definitely make an appointment with your dealer for all current concerns. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha

Good to see the Ford Service Reps lending a hand.:beer:

Went up to the dealership and the lady here took pictures and sent them in for aproval. Even sent in pictures of the steering wheel that has a stray stitching that is in a weird position

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
yea thats not right. I'm 6ft 255lbs. in other words not a little guy and my base 13 seats look nearly new.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Good to see the Ford Service Reps lending a hand.:beer:
:-D Thanks, SID297!

Went up to the dealership and the lady here took pictures and sent them in for aproval. Even sent in pictures of the steering wheel that has a stray stitching that is in a weird position
Great, impactblue! I’ll get back to your PM as soon as possible.

Deysha

impactblue

Established Member
It must of been a problem at flat rock because the other seat is starting too and all that's been in it is my tiny girlfriend. So happy the dealer and ford is on top of this. I've gotten calls from the dealer and the areas manager to assure me I'm taken care of
They have

Users who are viewing this thread