A9L computer re-flashed by Mike Wesley

02_Lightning

Established Member
I have an A9L computer that was re-flashed by Mike Wesley. I ran this in my 1993 Cobra for years, and this plus 1 5/8" equal length shorty headers made the car run 12.90's on the factory Goodyears. This computer has a very hot tune and really woke the car up. I am cleaning out my garage and wanted to get this back in someone's car so they can have fun.

MAKE OFFER...

Last edited by a moderator:

02_Lightning

Established Member
Yes - I have a video to prove it, and there is another member on here that witnessed it. Mark with a red 93 Cobra (he is on here occasionally) actually is the one who did the video and it was done at Norwalk Raceway here in Ohio. He can attest to how strong the car was with this computer tune. The tune was in the car for 18,000 miles and never had an issue. When I sold the car, I put the stock Cobra computer back in it. When I did that, I noticed a huge difference in how the car drove.

kbillan

Established Member
Do you offer a NO BS return policy? LOL.. i know, your not walmart. But if i were to buy this-- and felt it wasnt what you claimed- would you take it back?

02_Lightning

Established Member
I would - as long as you were operating in the same conditions. What car would you be putting it into, and what are the modifications that it has? Also, what does it run today?

kbillan

Established Member
1993 cobra-- has Xpipe and mufflers.. soon to have Mac Equal length shorties..

has 3.73 rear end. other than that, completely stock.

going to have to think about this.. do some research.. etc..

02_Lightning

Established Member
Yes - you will be a 12.90 car for sure. As long as you can grab a 1.90 60', you are for certain to be 12.90. You will have no issues with this computer, and I am sure you will love it.

kbillan

Established Member
what does it run today-- dont know...

we only have 1/8th mile here in Buffalo- but there it did a 9.7 spinning through 1st and most of 2nd gear.. It was a cruise night, so they werent handing out time slips.. dont know RT/60' times.. first time on a track in 10 years.

Let me think on this... it will be a week or so until i can buy it anyway--

so much for not modding my cobra ;)

02_Lightning

Established Member
No problem - I appreciate the interest! This is an easy modification for your car as all you have to do is remove the kick panel on the passenger side, unplug current computer, and then plug this one in.

kbillan

Established Member
lol.. im aware ;)

Just finding it tough to believe that a simple computer reprogram will get a second out of a car.. iv been out of this for 10 years... so-- i suppose i have a lot to catch up on..

02_Lightning

Established Member
Yes - do a google search on Mike Wesley and you will get a feel for his background in tuning. He ran C+M racing and they have made a great name for themselves in tuning Mustangs. The factory Cobra ECU was very limited, so that is why he wanted to use the A9L that I had as a spare. I could not believe the difference it made in the car.
Any computer controlled vehicle always has quite a bit of power left on the table. Mike adjusted the parameters for the car's modfications and it ran very nice afterward - night and day difference. This was noticeable on both the street and track.

flattrack53

Established Member
do you still have it? isnt there an aditional wire harness that you need. If so can you call me 443-841-5992.very interested
scott

02_Lightning

Established Member
do you still have it? isnt there an aditional wire harness that you need. If so can you call me 443-841-5992.very interested
scott
Yes, I still have it. There is nothing needed to do the swap - just remove your computer (has to be a mass air engine and 5spd) and plug this one in its place.
Also, this computer is set up for bolt-on's and not for power adder cars.

02_Lightning

Established Member
It is currently on VHS tape. You can contact the user by the name of "mgerman93" on here for proof that this happened. He was the one doing the video and it was at Norwalk Raceway in Norwalk OH. I guarantee you that your car will be a new animal with this computer - I could feel the difference in it right away when Mike told me to take it for a spin.

Users who are viewing this thread