A year after Anthony was diagnosed

slow06

Established Member
As many of you know and have most likely seen Anthony's thread, https://www.svtperformance.com/thre...erioues-illness.1149859/page-16#post-16004205 he was diagnosed with Cancer at 11 months old 11-13-17. It's been a long year but a lot has gone on, he has been for the most part cancer free, since 8-11-18, we had one spot in the right eye trying to regrow, but they have been able to treat it and as far as we know, he is 100% cancer free at the moment.

Anthony has being doing really good, he has started to talk to us and has been growing pretty fast, he is 2 years old and in 4t clothing. The holidays were great, he was home, we had family come down from Ohio and life got back to normal. He has been able to go to other kids birthday parties, and we don't have to think twice about taking him to the mall or stores anymore.

Things took a little turn turn with my mom though.

My mom was re diagnosed with kidney cancer. She started treatment in January, some radiation on 2 spots, she was telling me everything was alright and not to worry, but one day she pulled me aside and had told me back in December her Oncologist told her it was terminal and that this time it would eventually take her life. 2-3 years maybe with treatment and 6 months without any. It was hard to hear. It sucks, and it hurts, but I am not scared and I am at peace with it in a way.

Finally things got better this month though, I was able to get my promotion at work and will began my training next week, and I also picked up another mustang, I was going to wait a little longer, but I got the itch pretty bad.

The car is a 2015 PP base race red recaro 5.0 has a little over 22k miles on it, but its super clean. I have had it a week and picked up a exhaust system the day I brought it home, I went with the MBRP street catback, I plan on lowering it, but can't decide what springs to run, I am thinking a 1 inch drop all around.

IMG_0751 (2).JPG ant.JPG IMG_0751 (2).JPG ant 2.JPG rr2.JPG

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Anthony looking like a stud! Congrats on his progress and on the new car. Looks fantastic.

Sorry to hear about your mother. Lost my dad a little early at 63. Definitely sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yup, amazing about your son. What an f'ing trooper.

Sorry about your mom. I'm sure it's little consolation but she's clearly lived a full (hopefully happy) life and I hope she can find even more happiness in her remaining time on earth.

TERMN8U

Established Member
So happy to hear your son is well!
Our middle child, Reilly was diagnosed with ALL leukaemia at age 5. He went through the full course of treatment and now he’s 13 years old and right as rain. ☺️
Nutrition is a MASSIVE part of healing. Dr’s don’t even mention it.
Do your research and you can do miracles for him.
All the best going forward!

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Praise You for this, and every day that we get to wake up this side of heaven. Each day is laced with purpose, and we ask for Your wisdom and guidance through every one. Help us to live each day well, and for Your glory, from start to finish.

So happy to see Anthony look so good and so sad to hear this news about your mom. God bless your family my brother.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Praise You for this, and every day that we get to wake up this side of heaven. Each day is laced with purpose, and we ask for Your wisdom and guidance through every one. Help us to live each day well, and for Your glory, from start to finish.

So happy to see Anthony look so good and so sad to hear this news about your mom. God bless your family my brother.

My sentiments exactly. I could not say it any better. Best wishes to you and your family.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Great news about Anthony!!! I'm happy to hear and see he is doing well.
So sorry to hear about your mom's cancer. I will keep her in my prayers.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Cancer free is great news, I pray he has a long healthy life ahead of him.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
As many of you know and have most likely seen Anthony's thread, https://www.svtperformance.com/thre...erioues-illness.1149859/page-16#post-16004205 he was diagnosed with Cancer at 11 months old 11-13-17. It's been a long year but a lot has gone on, he has been for the most part cancer free, since 8-11-18, we had one spot in the right eye trying to regrow, but they have been able to treat it and as far as we know, he is 100% cancer free at the moment.

Anthony has being doing really good, he has started to talk to us and has been growing pretty fast, he is 2 years old and in 4t clothing. The holidays were great, he was home, we had family come down from Ohio and life got back to normal. He has been able to go to other kids birthday parties, and we don't have to think twice about taking him to the mall or stores anymore.

Things took a little turn turn with my mom though.

My mom was re diagnosed with kidney cancer. She started treatment in January, some radiation on 2 spots, she was telling me everything was alright and not to worry, but one day she pulled me aside and had told me back in December her Oncologist told her it was terminal and that this time it would eventually take her life. 2-3 years maybe with treatment and 6 months without any. It was hard to hear. It sucks, and it hurts, but I am not scared and I am at peace with it in a way.

Finally things got better this month though, I was able to get my promotion at work and will began my training next week, and I also picked up another mustang, I was going to wait a little longer, but I got the itch pretty bad.

The car is a 2015 PP base race red recaro 5.0 has a little over 22k miles on it, but its super clean. I have had it a week and picked up a exhaust system the day I brought it home, I went with the MBRP street catback, I plan on lowering it, but can't decide what springs to run, I am thinking a 1 inch drop all around.

View attachment 1558871 View attachment 1558873 View attachment 1558874 View attachment 1558879 View attachment 1558880
Very sorry to hear about your mother. My mom battled cancer for many years before she passed in 2014. Not easy, but Im glad you have made peace with it. It gets easier in time.

Very happy to hear about your son!

... and you picked the best color any Mustang can be had in! :D

slow06

Established Member
I have been trying to spend more time with my mom as much as I can, she has been taking this Chemo pill, it has made her drop weight and her hands have started peeling. She has been in good spirit, I told her not to worry about me and the rest of the family, were all grown, she has raised us right and we will try to get through everything the best way we can together.

I am hoping after my training is over I will be able to use some vacation time and take a trip with Anthony and his mom. Thought about flying out to Cali to see the rest of my family and maybe taking him to Disneyland, but I have never been to Florida and have not been to Disneyworld yet. Anthony is nutcase now, he is just like any 2 year old, I will clean his toys up and he will go over and dump everything out and play for a minute and get bored, and than it's off to another mess for him to make.

I appreciate everyone that followed his thread, and kept him in your thoughts and prayers, it really means a lot.

So happy to hear your son is well!
Our middle child, Reilly was diagnosed with ALL leukaemia at age 5. He went through the full course of treatment and now he’s 13 years old and right as rain. ☺️
Nutrition is a MASSIVE part of healing. Dr’s don’t even mention it.
Do your research and you can do miracles for him.
All the best going forward!

We got set up with a nutritionist at St. Jude, they have him on tons of PediaSure and veggies, they send like 100 bottles of it a month, his taste has changed a lot. He will kill some BBQ pulled pork and some cole slaw. He lost his love for fries which is good, but he has been drinking a ton of water and some apple juice.

I am glad to hear Reilly was able to beat it and made a full recovery. We wont know if Anthony is able to see out of his right eye until he will be able to tell us. I always forget he is blind in the right eye. If you don't mind, where was Reilly treated at?

Bruno, I really appreciate you following Anthony when all this started. I know you followed daily. If you ever come to NC let me know and we can go get a couple of drinks.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Thanks for the update and pictures...I can't believe how much hair he has. It's great to hear about what a normal 2 year old he is. I'll keep praying for his continued progress and his sight as well as you and the rest of the family.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I'll add her specifically to my prayers.

And congrats on the job and car.

cbj5259

Established Member
Love to hear the news about your son! The news about your mother is rough...this world gives and takes away.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I have been trying to spend more time with my mom as much as I can, she has been taking this Chemo pill, it has made her drop weight and her hands have started peeling. She has been in good spirit, I told her not to worry about me and the rest of the family, were all grown, she has raised us right and we will try to get through everything the best way we can together.

I am hoping after my training is over I will be able to use some vacation time and take a trip with Anthony and his mom. Thought about flying out to Cali to see the rest of my family and maybe taking him to Disneyland, but I have never been to Florida and have not been to Disneyworld yet. Anthony is nutcase now, he is just like any 2 year old, I will clean his toys up and he will go over and dump everything out and play for a minute and get bored, and than it's off to another mess for him to make.

I appreciate everyone that followed his thread, and kept him in your thoughts and prayers, it really means a lot.

We got set up with a nutritionist at St. Jude, they have him on tons of PediaSure and veggies, they send like 100 bottles of it a month, his taste has changed a lot. He will kill some BBQ pulled pork and some cole slaw. He lost his love for fries which is good, but he has been drinking a ton of water and some apple juice.

I am glad to hear Reilly was able to beat it and made a full recovery. We wont know if Anthony is able to see out of his right eye until he will be able to tell us. I always forget he is blind in the right eye. If you don't mind, where was Reilly treated at?

Bruno, I really appreciate you following Anthony when all this started. I know you followed daily. If you ever come to NC let me know and we can go get a couple of drinks.

I definitely will my brother.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Happy to hear that Anthony is doing fine. I can only imagine how happy you are. I see a future Mustang owner there. ;)

Very sorry to hear about your mom.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about your mom. Congrats on the Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread