A trip to AED

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Wow...... just WOW. On so many levels. Fun read....

Hate to hi-jack here however very curious....

With numbers like this and very very solid numbers on some other cars I have read about..... Why is the Paxton 2200 so much better than the ATI unit? Seems like most think it is.... I dont see it. Will someone explain please?

Is just cheaper and has more big power potential on a build bottom end.

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
Put a few hundred miles on the car since the tune and its running great, a complete difference car compared to how it drove prior to Shaun's tuning.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Wow...... just WOW. On so many levels. Fun read....

Hate to hi-jack here however very curious....

With numbers like this and very very solid numbers on some other cars I have read about..... Why is the Paxton 2200 so much better than the ATI unit? Seems like most think it is.... I dont see it. Will someone explain please?

a couple of reasons

49 out of 50 times you won't see this kind of power numbers on a p1 SC

and 2, you will never even come close to those iats on the street with an ati on it as well

track times will be a real indication

at this power it should be a 9 second car no problem

Dtony with 12psi, on a v3 is going 9.8s, with quite a but less power on pump with some torco

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
What lambda do you shoot for with e85? I could/will look it up but figured the info would be good in thread.

ETA. .71 - .86 NA?

My widebands show .79 damn near across the board all the way to 7500 rpm on my car. That's with a good E85 blend. If its on the crappier winter blend it'll dip down to .76

I loled at the AED out. Winning

65sohc

Established Member
My understanding of alcohol is that mixture strength has more to do with power production and less with safety as compared to gasoline. There is a much wider window of safety. You watch an Indycar race and all they talk about with respect to fuel is leaning it out to save fuel and richening to make power.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
From what I am seeing the ATI is ball park $500 more than the paxton. Soooo.... for a guy in the 500-700 RW Power area the only advantage of the Paxton is cost?

Is not $500. Is a lot more than that and remember that you need the stage 2 kit that has the larger intercooler. We are talking about $1500 more.

Bullett

Established Member
7DDE1681-8376-4988-8B6A-226EF623E5D2-5420-000001B657D24A6D_zps3490b017.jpg

Awesome numbers for sure! Just curious though, what type of dyno fan is that??

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LMFAO!! God you guys will find anything to tear AED apart.. It's a regular fan.. It's not A/C cooled etc.. LOL.. Good lord

Established Member
I'm not tearing anyone apart I thought that's just what it look like from picture
I don't even know Sean
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Bullett

Established Member
No not tearing or bashing. Just want to know if something like that would affect dyno numbers. Me personally I'm an et guy. I haven't dynoed and probably won't. But I am curious.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Last time I was up there and a car was tuned the air coming out of it wasn't any cooler than ambient temps.. So I'd guess NO it's not A/C cooled. Sorry I didn't mean you guys, I just read the thread on S197.. More towards them my bad :)

Users who are viewing this thread