A trip to AED

JEP

Established Member
No shit, that's where I grew up lol! Graduated from Hemet High in 06. Which shop are you?

JEP Autoworks

Used to have to places, Wired up and JE Precision automotive, morphed them together like a bad STD when I bought my building I'm in now in '04..

Been in business since '99

I'm over by Stadium Pizza

Name is Josh

Shaun@AED

Below is a dyno graph of a near stock 2011 A6 (after cat exhaust) on the STOCK tune. Dyno run was made by placing the gear selector manually in 3rd. Anyone can do a Google search for similar Dynojet SAE corrected corrected numbers for a stock 11A6 dynoed in 3rd gear: (This was run on the SAME DAY within an hour or so of Marc's P1SC GT)
Stock11A6SAE_zps5a5a8e97.jpg

Now a comparison of the stock A6 vs this P1SC boosted 13. (This proves no dyno 'tricks' as you can not manipulate one graphs numbers vs another.)

SAE corrected:
P1SCE85SAE_zps58dcc470.jpg

Same comparison with No correction: (Note Shop is at 1400ft)
P1SCE85NoCorrection_zps1fa6cb80.jpg

Run data of said High HP run (SAE corrected):
photo_zpsabff8c4c.jpg

Original tune car came in with vs my 'base' tune: (note most of the gains are due to RPM increase)
P1SCOriginaltunevsAEDBase_zps3694d4ff.jpg

Original tune vs AED 91 tune (TiVCT tweaked):
P1SCOriginaltunevs91AED_zpsf3b8f282.jpg

Original tune vs AED E85 tune: (note 150 *Peak* HP increase)
P1SCOriginaltunevsAEDE85_zpsb3491644.jpg

*AED Out*

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
So what are you trying to say dyno master?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

That Shaun has been forward with all his stuff. As he just showed again with his last post.

And that there are formulas out there that people can use to calculate hp/tq, or 'work', done by the engine at the crank.

(I have not done any math as I don't care enough to do it. haha Mainly because I know what lbs./hr roughly translates to. So I see no reason to waste time doing math. I hate math lmao)

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
JEP Autoworks

Used to have to places, Wired up and JE Precision automotive, morphed them together like a bad STD when I bought my building I'm in now in '04..

Been in business since '99

I'm over by Stadium Pizza

Name is Josh

Ah ok. Been down that way a lot. I'll have to stop by the next time I'm visiting!

*AED Out*

30051g6396.gif

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Below is a dyno graph of a near stock 2011 A6 (after cat exhaust) on the STOCK tune. Dyno run was made by placing the gear selector manually in 3rd. Anyone can do a Google search for similar Dynojet SAE corrected corrected numbers for a stock 11A6 dynoed in 3rd gear: (This was run on the SAME DAY within an hour or so of Marc's P1SC GT)
Stock11A6SAE_zps5a5a8e97.jpg

Now a comparison of the stock A6 vs this P1SC boosted 13. (This proves no dyno 'tricks' as you can not manipulate one graphs numbers vs another.)

SAE corrected:
P1SCE85SAE_zps58dcc470.jpg

Same comparison with No correction: (Note Shop is at 1400ft)
P1SCE85NoCorrection_zps1fa6cb80.jpg

Run data of said High HP run (SAE corrected):
photo_zpsabff8c4c.jpg

Original tune car came in with vs my 'base' tune: (note most of the gains are due to RPM increase)
P1SCOriginaltunevsAEDBase_zps3694d4ff.jpg

Original tune vs AED 91 tune (TiVCT tweaked):
P1SCOriginaltunevs91AED_zpsf3b8f282.jpg

Original tune vs AED E85 tune: (note 150 *Peak* HP increase)
P1SCOriginaltunevsAEDE85_zpsb3491644.jpg

*AED Out*

Enough said!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Need4speed2345

Established Member
Well I have seen cars make this type of power with my own eyes only to have sooooo many people yap about how it's impossible etc.
So I feel AED did a fantastic job on this car, and did all he could to put all the variables out there. If people want to not believe it then well oh well. Until they are the ones building and tuning cars then their opinion doesn't mean squat.

Dave5.0

Established Member
All I need to say after reading every post is LOL @ THE AED HATERS.

Master expert tuner Shaun (aka Jackie Chan of 5.0 tuning) chimes in with some good numbers and people get butthurt.

Watching you guys argue with Shaun is like watching a gnat fight Ali. Just stop, please.

I believe it.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I'm just trying to figure out how it had enough fuel pump to make this kind of power on E85. Does this car have a 20V BAP at least?

MRSUPRA

Established Member
It does not have enough fuel pump.

So are you saying that it was showing signs of running lean at 784rwhp? What would be the safe power and boost then on this car? Thanks. Hard to understand this thread with all the back and fourth comments and answers.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
So are you saying that it was showing signs of running lean at 784rwhp? What would be the safe power and boost then on this car? Thanks. Hard to understand this thread with all the back and fourth comments and answers.

Here

Car ran out of fuel at 6900 rpms, so Shaun lowered the rev limiter so it won't run too lean up top. Once I upgrade my fuel system it will be back at AED.

Shaun@AED

17.5v BAP
Was a bit lean on the dyno over 6600 on E85 with a lambda measured of .82-.83.

Nomak

Established Member
Wow...... just WOW. On so many levels. Fun read....

Hate to hi-jack here however very curious....

With numbers like this and very very solid numbers on some other cars I have read about..... Why is the Paxton 2200 so much better than the ATI unit? Seems like most think it is.... I dont see it. Will someone explain please?

Users who are viewing this thread