A/R housing question

CobraMac

Established Member
So I've been doing some research and reading and want to know from some of you guys that are experts. I've seen people with HP 57mm turbos saying that they have switched from .48 A/R housings to the .63 housings and have gained in the range from 40-60rwhp. Does this sound right to you guys? Also how much longer do you think it will take for the turbos to spool? Thanks for the help guys!

Digital

Established Member
That's so out in the left field man. That's like asking if someone hit a baseball with 2 different bats how much further would the ball go?

Each setup is going to be different. But going up .15 isnt that much and that power seems about right, i'd say you lose 175rpm spool just shooting blind, backwards, from the hip.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
It's going to depend on a lot more than just the housing change. If you are pushing the turbos to the point where they are choking up top, then yes, it will gain you more power. As far as spool time goes - same deal. Completely depends on your motor, tune, etc. etc.

CobraMac

Established Member
Okay awesome...thanks for the help guys! I had a feeling it wasn't that easy...some people just made it sound like it was haha.

Users who are viewing this thread