A.R.H. 5.0L Header Pics & Dyno Sheet

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Very nice gains, and with Tune/CAI should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 435-445rwhp! BTW, these must sound wicked at 7000rpms!

Still can't believe that we actually got what we had been asking Ford to do for years! Mid 400hp N/A 32V car, great job.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Sound clips please?

Also, a question for evo...

Do you guys have any dyno numbers with CAI, headers, catback, tune, in other words basic bolt-ons.

IF these headers are good for 411 rwhp without any other mods and without a tune, what would the car make with all of the above?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Sound clips please?

Also, a question for evo...

Do you guys have any dyno numbers with CAI, headers, catback, tune, in other words basic bolt-ons.

IF these headers are good for 411 rwhp without any other mods and without a tune, what would the car make with all of the above?

I believe they said on another site that it is good for a total of 435rwhp. Theirs may be SAE where this may be STD, I am not sure

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Be careful adding up HP gains....really need to see a set of cars with exhaust/CAI/tune/etc on the dyno to get an good idea of what the average person will see when they are done with those kinds of modifications.

Still....425-435 RWHP doesn't seem out of the question, based on what we already know.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
....cams and heads and long tubes and tune and catback and cai and pulley???

Is there a chance at 480 rwhp with bolt ons plus cams and race ported heads???:shrug:

Al P made 597 I believe with his built 5.5. What is the new 5.0 worth?

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the new 5.0l has much better flowing heads than the R/GT/GT500 heads, not to mention the yates NASCAR pieces(ford engineers said possibly the best flowing heads on a production car), so no doubt at all that it will best the 5.4l's HP/liter.

65mph_Roll

Established Member
boy and here i thought ford spent quite a bit of time designing the new factory headers for max performance and power gains wouldn't be much with aftermarket ones.

so much for that!

great numbers

That's what I thought about my old 86 5.0 - had headers from the factory, but the new one's do look pretty thought out.

mixxer

Established Member
Headers ,full exhaust,intakeand tune will give you 400+ to the tire real world. Depending on dyno ,air and fuel type. But the gains you see under the curve(where you actuially drive the car) are also impressive.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
great setup and nice #'s!

Hey Todd- Still looking to get into one of these? I am so tempted man but I love both my cars I have right now, if I had to let one go it would be the E55 though:rockon:

With these headers, tune and a good CAI, I dont see why they could not hit 450rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread