A quetion for L.E.O.'s

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
I am in so.cal. and I was rear ended on interstate 5 here in Sandiego by some assclown that was following to close. We were both in the # 1 lane in rush hour traffic. We pulled over to the center devide. I was preety pissed at the guy who hit me. ( My '05 gt is only 5 months old ). I wante dto wait for the CHP to roll up. Here is my quetion I did not see the CHP officer issue any citations to the guy who hit me why not ? will it get issued at a later date. Thanks,
Fred

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Often times the CHP will respond, gather information and issue their citation (if warranted) through the mail after they write their report. In some instances they complete a "short form" report or what they refer to as a "triple nickel" (referencing the form number - 555) at the scene and distribute copies on the spot. This assures all parties have each others information for their respective insurance carriers. The short form is only used in limited damage, non-injury situations requiring no investigative narrative. Keep in mind there is no rule concerning citing drivers involved in collisions. It is at the officers discretion.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
mswaim said:
Often times the CHP will respond, gather information and issue their citation (if warranted) through the mail after they write their report. In some instances they complete a "short form" report or what they refer to as a "triple nickel" (referencing the form number - 555) at the scene and distribute copies on the spot. This assures all parties have each others information for their respective insurance carriers. The short form is only used in limited damage, non-injury situations requiring no investigative narrative. Keep in mind there is no rule concerning citing drivers involved in collisions. It is at the officers discretion.

Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Fred

Users who are viewing this thread