A question to all of those on here who rack up the road kills.....

EB85

Established Member
Do you guys ever go for an easy kill? Like do you ever get bored or need a confidence booster and decide to pick on the riced out Honda or VW? Or is even cheap gas not worth being used on it? I have yet to actually line up against anyone I knew I could take. I have a guy in a new CTS-V trying to egg me on but I knew I would wrecked like a drunken prom date so I politely declined. But I tried to mess with a kid who was driving like a dildo in a riced out RSX in my buddy's development. He stared me down, revved at me as he drove by when I parked and yet when I got behind him leaving said development, he put on his 4-ways and pulled over. Then he proceeded to rev at me again.:nonono:

He was maybe 19 and embarrassing him in front of his jailbait GF would have made my day.

Seleckt

Established Member
Generally speaking, I'll go for anyone who's up for it. I prefer being the challengee though, opposed to the challenger. With that being said, I SHOULD be the easy kill in most situations. Probably only putting about 210rwhp to the pavement. I've only lost to two people. One being a hellcat challenger, and another being my father in a '13 5.0

Last edited:

Three21

Established Member
I'll use any excuse to go fast that I can get. If there's someone next to me, all the better. I even like those impromptu run downs when you both start start accelerating normally off of a light then you hear the other car rolling into the throttle and you do the same to chase them down. Gets my blood pumpin just thinking about it.

LS Boss

Established Member
Here in Virginia, road kill usually consists of either Possum or Deer. Either one tastes good if they are prepared good. Tastes as good as chitlins. Umm..Ummm!!! I'm gettin hungry.

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I definitely do not go around picking on little imports. For a car of my level that would be sort of pathetic. If one revs at me I will usually shake my head and just laugh at them. Exception is made for turbo hondas. I figure they only have a few good pulls before they blow up so I'll help the kid enjoy it.

97ReoCobra

Established Member
I imagine all the guys that killed innocent people while racing felt the same way as you guys, until the never gonna happen to me happens. Why would you not post this crap in the road kill forum?

2000gt4.6

Established Member
I imagine all the guys that killed innocent people while racing felt the same way as you guys, until the never gonna happen to me happens. Why would you not post this crap in the road kill forum?

The list of things that have killed more innocent people than street racing would probably cause the forum to crash when you hit post. Considering the insane amount of times per day this happens in our country alone vs the tiny amount of times it ends up in disaster (sensationalised by media) I'd say it's safer than an astonishing number of activities.

Like anything else in life, if youre being completely retarded things can go wrong. But accelerating as fast as possible to 60-70 mph in a 45 zone has killed less people than lightning strikes, regardless of someone else doing it next to you or not.

I don't think they mean they regularly go out and do the 120 mph ricer freeway chases or run a 8 second car on the street.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, I have more fun with a 0-60 run, but thats because I 4x4 launch at 25psi haha

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Because it's not a story, it's a question.

97ReoCobra

Established Member
Everything in that post is so full of dung I wouldn't know where to begin. But as long as street racing kills fewer innocent people than lightening strikes I guess there's no problem. :nonono:

The list of things that have killed more innocent people than street racing would probably cause the forum to crash when you hit post. Considering the insane amount of times per day this happens in our country alone vs the tiny amount of times it ends up in disaster (sensationalised by media) I'd say it's safer than an astonishing number of activities.

Like anything else in life, if youre being completely retarded things can go wrong. But accelerating as fast as possible to 60-70 mph in a 45 zone has killed less people than lightning strikes, regardless of someone else doing it next to you or not.

I don't think they mean they regularly go out and do the 120 mph ricer freeway chases or run a 8 second car on the street.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I really try not to race during Spring/Summer. I'd rather race whomever at the track the couple of times a year I go.

I do play on the street, but, haven't had a balls out race in a long time.

I enjoy the stories of Road Kill, especially how 03/04 Cobra's always beat bolt-on 5.0's and how 5.0's always beat 03/04 Cobra's. Seems to be the most popular story here.

MG0h3

Established Member
I dont get that many takers.

Seems that if I instigate, nothing happens. The one time I wasnt sure what would happen (Hellcat), dude didnt want to play. Weird, cause Ive seen him in my beater and my work truck and hes always hammering it. I pull up next to him, did the little dance but he still made a Uturn at the next light.

While you never know what someone has done to their car, I dont pick on cars I know I would kill.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Everything in that post is so full of dung I wouldn't know where to begin. But as long as street racing kills fewer innocent people than lightening strikes I guess there's no problem. :nonono:

So just to verify, you have never exceeded the speed limit, or floored the gas pedal, in your 97 cobra except on the track right? Or is it just two people side by side that kill tens of millions of innocent lives a year?

Can I see some links to deadly street racing crashes that weren't the result of idiots going way way too fast in a retarded area?

Let's pit it this way. I'm way more concerned about drunks, Asians, sleeping truck drivers and women on the road than street racers.

Last edited:

LS Boss

Established Member
Hey Cobra, if you got hooked up in a street race and you killed some little kid on his bicycle, isn't that 1 life too many? How would you live with this stupidity for the rest of your life? What would you say to the family of that little boy or girl?

LS Boss

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Hey Cobra, if you got hooked up in a street race and you killed some little kid on his bicycle, isn't that 1 life too many? How would you live with this stupidity for the rest of your life? What would you say to the family of that little boy or girl?

LS Boss

He's arguing against it, not for it...

If you ran over a little kid at the track what would you do? What if you were hunting and missed and killed a toddler? What if you were boating and ran over a baby floating in the water?

How about you don't do it in crowded downtown areas with little boys crisscrossing the streets on bicycles, just like you don't fire a gun without a backstop or drive your boat into daycare kiddie pools?

Idiots can screwup and kill people doing almost anything.... Just like non retarded people can hunt and boat their entire life and not murder anyone.

LS Boss

Established Member
He's arguing against it, not for it...

If you ran over a little kid at the track what would you do? What if you were hunting and missed and killed a toddler? What if you were boating and ran over a baby floating in the water?

How about you don't do it in crowded downtown areas with little boys crisscrossing the streets on bicycles, just like you don't fire a gun without a backstop or drive your boat into daycare kiddie pools?

Idiots can screwup and kill people doing almost anything.... Just like non retarded people can hunt and boat their entire life and not murder anyone.
Street racers are not that smart. They are the idiots you are talking about. Your justifications in support of this insanely dangerous activity are just plain dumb. You are not going to find many on this forum who will support your weak arguements in support of this activity. If you are compelled to race then do it at the track so you do not jeopordize innocent lives.

helloWorld

Established Member
... Weird, because I've seen him in my beater and my work truck and he's always hammering it. I pull up next to him, did the little dance but he still made a U-turn at the next light. ...
I guess I am that guy. I don't have many points left on my license before it would have a chance of being suspended. Thus, I would rather get pulled over for having fun with myself, then for actually racing somebody.

If I know that it is clear in front of me and not many people are behind me, I will punch it coming out of a corner or on a straight leading up to a merger with a highway. If somebody does want to play at a redlight, I will completely ignore them. When the light turns green, I will remain stopped. I will let them accelerate and then I will start accelerating.

Users who are viewing this thread